Muppets sequel plot and promotional photo in Entertainment Weekly

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I'm EXTREMELY happy and impressed with all of this! :smile: I know it's early yet but I see the makings of a great, colourful, fun movie with a lot of terrific twists.

Echoing the sentiments of previous MC members on this thread - isn't it great to see a Muppet movie promo shot with nothing but Muppets? With all due respect to Jason Segel, Amy Adams, Chris Cooper et al (or Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell and Tina Fey, for that matter), this is about our fuzzy friends, not their human co-stars.

I, personally, like the idea that it's a world tour of The Muppet Show (check out the sign on the right) that's bringing everybody overseas. To me, that could make some of the musical numbers more organic. Besides, it's a nice little device to remind everybody of what the Muppets arguably do best - put on a show - and salute their TV glory days (and the international reach of TMS) while possibly laying the groundwork for a new weekly series.

Believe it or not, I'm intrigued by the concept of Kermit having an evil twin, even though we all agree it wouldn't be the first time. (Nobody's brought up the TMS Jekyll-and-Hyde potion yet, or the "evolving" Koozebanian Phoob - "These are Kermit the Frogs, returning you to The Muppet Show.")

And while the poser-vs-puppet debate will surely dominate discussion of every picture released between now and March '14, I like the photos we're seeing so far and I'm thrilled that so many of our old friends are back in action. (Yes, even Foo Foo. Piggy got a lot of her best "diva lines" when she was paired up with Foo Foo.)

Getting VERY EXCITED about this one, folks!!!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
This looks GREAT especially like Rowlf reading the Daily Muppet :big_grin:
Hey Mister Muppet! Great to hear from you again!

What you said about Rowlf reading the Daily Muppet. That is So Rowlf. Your avatar is amazing too.

Well, I will say good luck for Kermit and the gang with the movie and have fun.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I love this!!!!!! :flirt:

For those complaining about the plot, all of the original Muppet movies had standard plots just like this one...

Let's take a roadtrip to Hollywood and put on a show!
Let's go to England for a story and solve a crime!
Let's go to NYC and put on a show!

The Muppets bring the fun to the concept and not the other way around..cough...cough...MFS. :concern:

Sorry to jump on my soapbox...again* but when will they start to do some postshoot retouching on the poser images that gives the characters some life?? These shots always look terrible - lovely composition, idea etc, etc, but look terrible!! You should not be able to spot the difference between the poses and the puppets in this day and age!! Someone could really go to town on this and make a fantastic image!! You could really give these poser images some "life" with minimal effort. It's just pure lazyness that we get these.
You're right. They could definitely give this piece some digital nips and tucks, but it does look pretty amazing and I'm just glad they didn't do one of those ugly Photoshop clip art monstrosities. :eek: I still give this poster an A.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I love that photo, even the additions of Foo-Foo and Sweetums. :grr:
I can't wait to see more Muppet photos in the future.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Hey Mister Muppet! Great to hear from you again!

What you said about Rowlf reading the Daily Muppet. That is So Rowlf. Your avatar is amazing too.

Well, I will say good luck for Kermit and the gang with the movie and have fun.
Hey muppetfan24/7 great to hear from you too Great to hear you think the avatar is amazing I just stumbled upon it when I was online and thought it looked great :smile:

I can't wait to see more images advertising this and other images leaked of the set as this one is Awesome :smile:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I can't believe this isn't being released for another 15 months?? I don't know if I can cope with all this anticipation ...again!!

Chris

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
How do we get contact with James Bobin or Nick Stoller? I wanna make sure the give Pepe and Rizzo more screen time in this movie. Robin would also be nice.

Hubert

Reaction score
I'm glad to see that we are really progressing and that a bit of a plot was released as well as a beautiful promo photo! However, I'm going to proceed with a little bit of caution...I know the Muppets can pull off just about anything well and I'm not extremely concerned, but I just don't care for the plot too much. Touring is fine and all, but I'm mainly concerned with this Constantine. The Muppets have the stuff to pull off a good doppelganger story and make it hilarious, but I just would have personally liked to see the Muppets move away from doppelgangers a bit. A doppelganger plot can be great if done right, I just hope that it is done right and has a very Muppety spin on it.

That said, I'm loving the promo photo! I especially love the GMC throwbacks, such as the bellhop rats and such. I probably have more to say about that photo, but I'm too lazy to go back and look at it right now. :stick_out_tongue: