Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Disney has now stated that the DVD of The Muppet Show's first season will be released on August 9, 2005 -- the same day that "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" hits DVD . Disney plans on releasing "The Muppet Show: First Season - Special Edition" on a fully loaded 4-disc DVD collection for just $39.99. You can pre-order the set directly from Disney through the Muppets website (other e-retailers are estimated to get the product up for pre-order in the coming week). More details on this awesome set (and information other upcoming Muppet DVD projects) are planned for release very soon. Muppets.com even added a Muppet DVD section (check the map out, although as of now it is "coming soon"). Be sure to mark your calendars for August 9th, as two great Muppet titles will be coming to DVD.

More information: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2005/05/muppet-show-season-1-release-details.html

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wahooooo! I gotta start SAVING!

Can I buy BOTH at the same time? I sure hope so. I'm gunna start hording my cash. No more Cinema movies for me, no more sweets, candy, and crisps. No more cheap DVDs. I'm going for da big things! MS! MWOO!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh! Before I give up my sweets, and horde my cash....is this coming to the UK?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Disney has now stated that the DVD of The Muppet Show's first season will be released on August 9, 2005 -- the same day that "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" hits DVD . Disney plans on releasing "The Muppet Show: First Season - Special Edition" on a fully loaded 4-disc DVD collection for just $39.99. You can pre-order the set directly from Disney through the Muppets website (other e-retailers are estimated to get the product up for pre-order in the coming week). More information: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2005/05/muppet-show-season-1-release-details.html
WE NEED TO BEGIN PRE-OPDERING GANG! This might be what determines if we get Seasons 2-5 or not!

Any news on extras yet?

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
WE NEED TO BEGIN PRE-OPDERING GANG! This might be what determines if we get Seasons 2-5 or not!

Too true, too true! I'm gonna order mine as soon as I hit Submit Reply. In fact, I don't even know why I'm wasting time writing what I'm going to do. I should just do what I say I'm going to do because I'm sure I'm boring all of you with descriptions of my menial tasks...

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Above anything else, the words "Special Edition" grabbed my attention. I still can't believe it; we've got two classic Muppet series coming to DVD this year.

And we've got official dates.

*Faints yet again*

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

*Stevie does a little happy dance* YOOO HOOOOOO, you can bet I'll be buying both (I just bought Golden Girls Seson 2 lastnight). You know? I'm just gonna say it... ALL HALE DISNEY, ALL HALE DISNEY, ALL HALE DISNEY, ALL HALE DISNEY!!!! :excited: :smile: :big_grin:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Muppets Season 1 Aug 9th 2005

Disney has announced plans to release the first season of The Muppet Show on August 9. You can order it now through Disney for $39.99 (plus $3.95 shipping and handling), though we expect it to be available elsewhere on the same date. Orders placed through the website ship out on August 4th, so the delivery date should be the release date.
ORDER HERE

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That would be "Hail". "Hale" is like Alan Jr., you know Skipper?