Muppets receive Hollywood "Walk of Fame" Star

Teheheman

Reaction score
I was there and lucky enough to talk with some of the performers afterwards, including Peter Linz and Muppet legend Dave Goelz:concern:. They were really great with the fans...even the furry ones. Dave and Peter both took pictures with me and my dog, haha. Probably one of the stranger photo ops they've been a part of. And my shirt's fuzzy because scrappy was shedding from all the excitement, I'm not part muppet or anything.:sympathy:

Good thing you said something cause the question would've been asked if you were a MAN or if you were a MUPPET lol

Daniel

Reaction score
Here you go guys. A bit of a better quality vid of the ceremony.
I so wish I was there to see them but I am praying that at the New York Pops "Jim Henson's Musical World" event at Carnegie Hall, The Muppets appear (especially considering I'm flying all the way from Australia for it!!!)
This is the official listing of who will be making guest appearances :

Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 3:30pm
Carnegie Hall: Stern Auditorium/Perelman Stage
Carnegie Hall Family Concert: Jim Henson's Musical World
Steven Reineke, Music Director and Conductor
John Tartaglia, Host
Essential Voices USA, Judith Clurman, Music Director and Conductor
Craig Shemin, Writer
Daniel Seth, Associate Director
The magic of the Muppets® comes alive as The New York Pops pays a musical tribute to Jim Henson's great legacy through song and puppetry.

In collaboration with The Jim Henson Legacy.

This concert program repeats at 12:30PM on the same day.
Special Guest Appearances by:
Pam Arciero
Alison Bartlett
Leslie Carrara-Rudolph
Kevin Clash
Stephanie D'Abruzzo
Rachel Dratch
Dave Goelz
Eric Jacobson
Rollie Krewson
Lara MacLean
Dr. Loretta Long
Sonia Manzano
Bob McGrath
Alan Muraoka
Roscoe Orman
Karen Prell
David Rudman
Nitya Vidyasagar
Matt Vogel
and
Paul Williams

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Wow Steve isn't gonna be there?!! That's surprising! Unless he's gonna be doing Kermit perhaps? :smile:

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Just a quick note to acknowledge this at last (three weeks late, I know)...

What a marvelous Walk of Fame ceremony for The Muppets. So happy to see the Hensons brought into it, and to witness all the fun little touches in this ceremony (including Sweetums unveiling the actual star! HAIL SWEETUMS!!!).

Thanks to all who have shared video and photos of this event - special shout-out to Zootsuit for his cool pics of Peter Linz and Dave Goelz - they look so happy to be there (and seem like nice guys too!).

That Carnegie Hall event sounds like a blast...Looking forward to reading the reviews once it's in the books!

lilmissmuppet

Reaction score
i am very happy the muppets have got a walk of fame star but i dont want Walter to steal all of the lime-light

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't think he is...I think he's just there because he is a muppet.

Hayley B

Reaction score
How wonderful! Where is the star located? I kept guessing around El Capitan. But I don't reconize that building they are around.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I tell you seems like either CA or NYC is the place to be right now if you wanna meet the muppets. :/