Muppets on DWTS November 15

Reaction score
Hi all! New here, and I wanted to let everyone know that Dancing with the Stars host Tom Bergeron announced a few minutes ago that the Muppets will be making an appearance on DWTS' results show next Tuesday, Nov. 15th.

He didn't go into much detail, but he said the Muppets will be dancing in some kind of spectacular performance (not exact words, but close; he definitely said they will be dancing). I'm really excited!

The show airs at 9-10pm EST on ABC.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I love watching Dancing with the Stars and it's even better when the Muppets are on! This I definitely don't want to miss!

TSSD

Reaction score
More info on the appearance from Stitch Kingdom:
During Tuesday night’s show, the cast of Disney’s “The Muppets” take over the ballroom with dazzling appearances throughout the show. Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy and a new member of The Muppet family, Walter, hit the stage, joined by the rest of the Muppet gang, including Fozzie Bear, Animal, Gonzo the Great, Pepe the King Prawn, Swedish Chef, Rowlf the Dog, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker, for an unforgettable performance to “Life’s a Happy Song.” The dance number is choreographed by Michael Rooney. “Life’s a Happy Song” is from Disney’s film “The Muppets,” starring Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo the Great, Animal, Jason Segal, Amy Adams, Chris Cooper, Rashida Jones and Walter James Bobin. “The Muppets,” directed by James Bobin, featuring signature celebrity cameos and a handful of original songs, hits theaters November 23rd.

Read more: 'Dancing with the Stars' to Feature Cobra Starship with Sabi, Muppets Performance - Stitch Kingdom.com
StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney

Drtooth

Reaction score
Walter, hit the stage, joined by the rest of the Muppet gang, including Fozzie Bear, Animal, Gonzo the Great, Pepe the King Prawn, Swedish Chef, Rowlf the Dog, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker, for an unforgettable performance to “Life’s a Happy Song.” The dance number is choreographed by Michael Rooney. “Life’s a Happy Song” is from Disney’s film “The Muppets,” starring Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo the Great, Animal, Jason Segal, Amy Adams, Chris Cooper, Rashida Jones and Walter James Bobin. “The Muppets,” directed by James Bobin, featuring signature celebrity cameos and a handful of original songs, hits theaters November 23rd.
Here's my little dilemma. I prefer not to watch DWTS at all...but the Muppets are going to be there... a LOT of them... but they're sining the song from the new movie... and considering I refuse to listen to anything from the new movie as it is until the movie comes out, I'd probably skip it anyway.

This is a very good move for Disney to keep putting them in high traffic television shows to hype up the film. Though I wish one of the shows (besides the talk shows) were ones I'd watch naturally. But since everyone else watches them, it's really for them, isn't it. For those who haven't followed the movie since 2008.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Oh darn, and here I thought I was going to avoid every song until the movie came out. I guess there's an exception to that now.... :stick_out_tongue:

rowlfy662

Reaction score
never watched dancing with the stars but for the muppets i shall make an chance to see it

Reaction score
I'm still super excited for this. DWTS is one of the few primetime shows I watch, but the results shows usually stink because they're so dragged out and boring. This one will be much better!

Don't know if y'all know, but they have been on DWTS before. One contestant and his pro dance partner did a quickstep in the fall of 2009 to "The Muppet Show" theme. Animal and Gonzo assisted. Here is the video, if anyone is interested:

On the finale, it was danced again; Animal was there, but no Gonzo. Statler and Waldorf were in a balcony instead, and Statler was cheering the British judge (Len) because Statler thought Len looked like him. Piggy did interviews backstage as well and "hi-yaa!"ed the co-host. It was fun! Don't have a link for that though. This appearance sounds like it will be even better. :smile:

Here's my little dilemma. I prefer not to watch DWTS at all...but the Muppets are going to be there... a LOT of them... but they're sining the song from the new movie... and considering I refuse to listen to anything from the new movie as it is until the movie comes out, I'd probably skip it anyway.

This is a very good move for Disney to keep putting them in high traffic television shows to hype up the film. Though I wish one of the shows (besides the talk shows) were ones I'd watch naturally. But since everyone else watches them, it's really for them, isn't it. For those who haven't followed the movie since 2008.
Could you record it and set it aside to watch after you see the movie? At least that way you could see the song & dance number and the Muppet stuff! Or there's always YouTube, too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Youtube's where its at when this happens. I don't like DWTS, lemme just get that out there... I'd only watch for the Muppet portion anyway, but I just have so many problems with that show, but I don't want to be a bum sport and ruin everyone's fun with it.