Muppets Now Episode 5 - The I.T. Factor

What did you think of the "Muppets Now" episode "The I.T. Factor"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5 - The I.T. Factor
Disney+ Premiere: Friday August 28, 2020

Chip the I.T. guy installs an upgrade to Scooter’s overtaxed computer just as Scooter is beginning to upload the latest episode of Muppets Now. Scooter must work fast to get everything in place before the hard reboot goes into effect.

Miss Piggy takes a trip through the topic of travel with guests Linda Cardellini and Taye Diggs. Pepe the King Prawn makes up a new game show on the spot, and the contestants do their best to keep up. Uncle Deadly demonstrates the drama, disciplines, and danger of stage combat for Muppet fanboy, Walter. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew puts the pressure on his assistant, Beaker, with a hydraulic-press experiment that requires a personal touch.

If you saw "The I.T. Factor" on Disney+ please like this post and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It was nice to have an episode that doesn't have Okey Dookey Cooking for once. I liked how Walter knew all the technical names for a sword and Deadly didn't.

wiley207

Reaction score
LOL at Piggy's "Ooh la BLECH!!!" among seeing the fried tarantula. Lots of Uncle Deadly action in this one too!

Heh, Bunsen Honeydrew breaking Beaker's snowglobe brought back these "Elmo Saves Christmas" vibes, though it wasn't as dusty as Elmo's magic snowglobe shattering. But Bunsen had no heart there, squishing Beaker's favorite things!

Since I am into I.T. (and recently got my Associate's Degree for Computer Information: User Support), I enjoyed this episode a lot. It was also great to see Chip the I.T. Guy in action again.

I also just noticed Scooter's laptop during Pepe's Unbelievable Game Show looks like a 2009-2010 polycarbonate MacBook. I still use one for now when I am on the go (which hasn't been much, of course), though I plan to soon get one of those 13" Touch Bar MacBook Pros soon.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Muppets Now, Episode 5

Lifestyle is as boring as ever.

This incarnation of Muppet Masters wasn’t mindblowing but it was fun and I laughed a couple times. Deadly’s theatrical flair and Walter’s (somewhat nerdy) awe is a great duo.

I love Pepe’s show. It’s just so zany and he really sells it. Highlight of the ep.

Matt’s Kermit I think is starting to feel like a kind, mature overseer of the proceedings here and I think I’m warming up to him. Joe the Legal Weasel is a fantastic character I want more of him dangit.

Muppet Labs has descended into Bunsen straight up being cruel to Beaker and I do not like it.

Bookended by bland and bad but with a pretty solid middle, I gotta give this one a decent 6. I wish they would just... be better.

Luke

Reaction score
I thought it was "ok" as ever really
I really liked the Pepe segment as he is so random that you get some variety in what he does, but the rest is just the same week after week.
Totally agree with the comment above that Muppet Labs now just seems to be about finding an excuse for Bunsen to be cruel to Beaker, and also other comments around how Piggy has been written.
Loving Matt's Kermit, and Joe from Legal is fantastic. All the performers and performances are wonderful - just feels something is off with the writing or characterisation that it narrowly misses that Muppety spot.
I have to say other than Ru Paul i've had no idea at all who any of the guest stars are, which seems strange for an international platform.

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
Again I think the high point of the episode was Pepe's game show. I think they should do a lot more of that.