Muppets Now Episode 2 - Fever Pitch

What did you think of the "Muppets Now" episode "Fever Pitch"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

MWoO

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but no... this was not good.

Muppet Labs has been reduced to a stupid YouTube channel like "The King of Random" where they do "experiments". Instead of a clever fanciful experiments or machines that go wrong, they burned stuff... The idea of Beaker being replaced by an AI is ok, but not exactly original and as others have said, very predictable. Most of the Beaker getting tortured stuff was done in animation.

The Piggy segment is what it is. Noting really different and I guess it will always be the same 2 guest stars. Piggy has turned into an uber obnoxious character and I guess that is just how Eric plans to play her. Man, I remember when I first saw AVMMC, the first time I saw Eric perform Piggy. The character showed true range during the alternate universe scene. You know, back when The Muppets made you feel emotions.

The Chef segment was indeed better though. It was more in line with what I would expect from the character. However, Chef was not meant to carry a 5 minute video. Again, he was always used best in quick bits. But, this was still a better use of him.

The Pepe segment was just dumb. Again, more random stuff for the sake of being random.

Now if these were just a stand alone YouTube videos uploaded to their channel I would probably find them amusing. However, this is suppose to be a show. This proves the whole problem with the premise of the show. Again, it was never meant to be a full show. It was clearly meant to be a series of separate uploads acting as a parody of YouTube.

The Muppet Show was not successful because of the onstage segments, though that was part of it. It was successful because of all the back stage story that let us get to know the characters and see them interact. He get zero of this with this show which is why it does not work as a show. What we are seeing here is Disney, once again, commissioning something different and experimental and then getting cold feet and trying to switch gears back to safe and status quo. By doing so they made what could have been a series of amusing shorts into a confused show with no cohesiveness.

I guess I should change my expectations and stop trying to watch this as a series and instead watch it as separate segments with time in between each one the way I would watch YouTube videos. I was hoping for a return of Pigs in Space and Vets Hospital, but this doesn't seems to be that kind of show.

rexcrk

Reaction score
This one was so so so much better than the first episode! Pepe’s game show was hilarious, it was great to see Bunsen and Beaker, the Swedish Chef segment was much better, as was Piggy’s. The guests didn’t feel as “intrusive” to me in this episode.
Is this the show that they said was all improv, or did that never happen? Because I felt like Pepe was so on and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they had Bill just do whatever he wanted.

Luke

Reaction score
This one was so so so much better than the first episode! Pepe’s game show was hilarious, it was great to see Bunsen and Beaker, the Swedish Chef segment was much better, as was Piggy’s. The guests didn’t feel as “intrusive” to me in this episode.
Is this the show that they said was all improv, or did that never happen? Because I felt like Pepe was so on and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they had Bill just do whatever he wanted.
There is no way it's complete improv, maybe there are some minor elements as you say. It did feel a bit like that with the Pepe segment. The first episode felt totally scripted, maybe they moved off it after that.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Who performed Carol (Mean Mama) in this episode?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Do, like, have bookmarked posts of negative reactions to Muppet things?