Muppets Most Wanted Box Office Numbers

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
What bothers me is the fact that there was a lot of hard work and advances in puppetry, that sadly people are just missing.
I feel the same. Like I said I don't have any negative feelings towards CGI but at the same time it doesn't have to be CGI for me to be impressed watching Kermit and Piggy ride bicycles. Thirty two years later and that scene still amazes me. Jim was a genius and he didn't need CGI to acheieve it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I also like the fact that he is not involved....Can we only hope that Jim Lewis, and others will finally get there chance to shine!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Also, I don't know where you're getting your box office figures from, but all three of the Jim-era Muppet films fared well at the box office particularly considering their rather modest budgets. However, none of them beat the original Muppet Movie - the best of them all.
It seems like I keep seeing contradictory things about the box office success for GMC and MTM. Like a lot of places say that GMC wasn't as successful as TMM (which is true, but when I see it written like that it comes off as "not successful") though I've never read it referred to as a flop, and read that the movie not being as successful is what made them decide to make MTM have more heart than humor. And Jim Henson: The Biography says that the movie made more money than it cost to make, but I've also seen things referring to that one not doing well enough at the box office, with that being one of the main factors in Disney not wanting to buy the company for the price Jim asked for in 1985.

Is a movie making more money than it cost to make and promote enough to be considered a success? Should that alone be enough to consider it "not a flop"?

I also like the fact that he is not involved....Can we only hope that Jim Lewis, and others will finally get there chance to shine!
It does seem a little sad that he won't be involved. It would be great if he could at least be involved with the writing on occasion. If it's a variety or sketch comedy show (and I sort of hope it isn't), it'd be an easier way to get as many writers involved without really affecting the plot.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I know people are going to disagree with me, but I don't think it is all about the money when it comes to the definition of a flop. I think that is also has to do with reviews, and with the buzz of the movie. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.