Muppets Mayhem & Animal Anthem LP or CD

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about a record LP album brought out a few years ago and it featured 2 songs that are mixes of muppet music, "Animal Anthem" and "Muppets Mayhem".

I have been told that it was a LP for DJ's used mainly at nightclubs as dance music. I think a CD was also produced, I think it is quite rare because I havent found anything about the album anywhere.

The reason I am asking this is because last year I bought it off ebay for about $15AUD and it was in mint condition, the only problem was that the seller on ebay didnt package it properly and the whoel record sadly cracked the whole way through in half. :sympathy: .

I was so upset about this because I know it is a rare album to find and it was in mint condition apart from being packaged very poorly, only in brown paper with a card strip in the centre, what is that going to do, they are rough with the post here in Australia.

I managed to hear a small part of the record that wasnt quite cracked and I moved the needle off the record as it got to the cracked area so I heard a little of it.

I found the same songs as mp3s on The backstage left website by scarecrow, so thankfully I managed to get the songs still.

Does anyone know anything about this album?

I didnt even leave bad feedback for the seller, he said he was doing something about it and never did, so 15.00 for a broken record. I still pester him every month or 3 but he still ignores me.

I would appreciate any info on this album!

from,
Paul :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Paul,

I don't own this album, but it does exist. From what I have seen it isn't too hard to come by here in the US, but it may be nearly impossible to get outside of the US (like in Australia).

I'm curious, what artist is listed on the album? Also does the album have a title written on the sleeve or does it just list the two songs on either side of the record.

I do understand your frustration. I purchased a record a couple years ago that was damaged exactly the same way in shipment. I had asked the seller to insure it before it was mailed as well. It was broken, uninsured and I lost out in that case.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Hi Phillip, The record is in a sleeve with the record company name and logo printed on it and it has nothing else except a circle punched out in the middle to reveal the song names etc. On the actual record label it says Dance on Arrival featuring: INTELLECT and MINISTERS OF DANCE
and it says,
This Side:
MUPPETS MAYHEM
That Side:
ANIMAL ANTHEM
BEAUTYOF THE BUZZ

it says its 45RPM but I think it is really a standard 33LP record because 45 seems too fast.

It is just a mix of muppet music featuring Kermit, Mahna Mahana, Sam Eagle, Statler and Waldorf, Animal and more.

I will take a photo of it, its not even worth keeping when it has a crack in it but I dont want to throw it out. The Record is produced in London.

Most records are hard to find here in Australia, I dont think they are produced anymore and muppet ones are the hardest to find especially in acceptable condition.

thanks,
from,Paul :smile:

scarecroe

Reaction score
I have this and prolly got it from the same eBay seller. They led me to believe it was a real Muppet item, but it clearly is not.

Mine was cracked too, so I'm wondering if that's how they ship all their stuff.

I was able to fix it enough to digitize the songs and I have em up on BSL. It's barely breaking my "don't post commercially available stuff for download" considering the nature of the case. Their usage of the material is sketchy to begin with.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
To Scarecrow,

That is very intersting indeed, I doubt it was the same seller because it was in Australia but maybe there is a connection there.

Its great that you were able to fix it, was it a big crack? my record crack is pretty big but I know it does play, the needle goes over the crack but I dont like taking the risk of breaking the needle as its the only record player I have at the moment.

I think there is a CD aswell!

Thanks for putting those songs on your site, I was happy to find them.
:smile:
from,
Paul

scarecroe

Reaction score
Mine came from Australia too as I recall.

The crack was pretty big, but it broke in such a way that I was able to maneuver it together tightly enough to keep from separating or creating too much of a skip. Some skips still came out from the needle going over the crack, but I was ableto either remove or reduce them digitally.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That is even more interesting, could you possibly find the name of the seller and email it to me or just post it here, if you find it that is.

Did you complain to the seller? did you get your money back? did you pay much for it?

If its a different seller it could possibly be the same one because when I got mine the seller was quite new to ebay, so he said, he could have just got a new name because he was selling fawlty items. maybe that is why he packaged it so badly because it didnt matter because it was already broken.

From,

scarecroe

Reaction score
This was many months ago, I don't know if I still have the info.

Besides, I wouldn't want to breach anyone's privacy, but if there's tomfoolery involved, it may be justified.

I'll see what I can dig up.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I know what you mean if it was a while ago, I keep all emails related to ebay just incase. Did you leave the seller a bad mention?

I dont think it would be a breach or privacy if you just emailed me the name and didnt post it in the forum because ebay is open for anyone to look at and if it was a bit closer to the end date of the auction it would be possible for anyone to find whoever has been selling records like this.

I doubt this is from the same seller but if it is we will know for sure that something fishy is or was going on. I wouldnt stop buying from a certain seller even if they had bad mentions, sometimes these things happen but sometimes there are some shifty people around too.
from,