Muppets Magic/Merry Muppet Christmas DVDs

DigitalBohemian

Reaction score
I noticed there are two different cover arts to the muppet magic dvd. Do these both have the exact same thing on them, or are they slightly, or maybe even completely different? I couldn't find the answer anywhere and figured maybe you guys would know.

Also, is there any dvd insert in the muppet magic dvd or the it's a very merry muppet christmas dvd? Just had to ask since mine don't have one.
:sympathy:

And lastly while I'm thinking about... is there any scenes that were edited from the tv special to the very merry muppet xmas dvd? I could of sworn there was another scene when I watched it on tv.

Sorry for all the questions, just thought it'd be better then making multiple threads. Thanks to anyone who can answer my (probably stupid) questions.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are a couple reviews that may help...

It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie DVD
http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/vmmc_dvd.shtml

Muppets Magic from the Ed Sullivan Show DVD
http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/muppets_magic_dvd.shtml

The two covers on the Muppets Magic DVD were done because Good Times revived the original cover. The disc contents are exactly the same.

I think the Very Merry Muppet Christmas DVD is the same as what aired on television. Obviously, the DVD has quite a few extra deleted scenes and bloopers not shown on NBC.

Oliver

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the revised cover art for the Ed Sullivan disc? I've got the horrible looking rainbow colored mess on my DVD but I'd love to see what the other one looks like...

rexcrk

Reaction score
About the insert question of whether or not Very Merry Christmas has one, the answer is no, it doesn't. I think all it came with is a bunch of savings stuff (which I still have, lol) but that's better than nothing, which is what the Muppets Magic DVD came with.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
The covers for the christmas DVD is obviously different for different countries releases if that is what you are talkng about also. The Australian one is different to the US but the disc is very different altogether! :smile: