Muppets Lost Promos

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
I definitely would buy a membership for that. But they'd have to let Canadians watch videos on their site first....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Muppets.com isn't set up where Canadians can see their videos?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Jim Henson suggested Steve as the next person to perform Kermit, and with that mantle being passed down to Steve by Jim the choice couldn't have been bad. Jim didn't make bad decisions (that's my opinion). To say Steve is a bad performer of Kermit is saying Jim made bad decisions, and I don't agree with that.
I've said it multiple times, but if I was a puppeteer, even if I did the voice dead on, I would hate to perform Kermit. The Chef, Link, Beaker... someone who's character subtleties are minor and have a broader comedic range. Kermit is ALL about subtleties, and some of them were lost. That can't be helped. Again, It's totally different from when Warner Bros needs people for Looney Tunes and just gets whoever sounds the most like that character and whoever's the most available.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry Kev, but people outside of the US, even me have not the ability to access and view the greatness that is Muppets XD. :frown:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've said it multiple times, but if I was a puppeteer, even if I did the voice dead on, I would hate to perform Kermit. The Chef, Link, Beaker... someone who's character subtleties are minor and have a broader comedic range. Kermit is ALL about subtleties, and some of them were lost. That can't be helped. Again, It's totally different from when Warner Bros needs people for Looney Tunes and just gets whoever sounds the most like that character and whoever's the most available.
Then, what's the answer? No more Kermit? Another performer other than Steve--we saw how well that worked out. :scary:

Steve has done a great job since 1990, and I appreciate his work. I'm thankful the Muppets have had him.

Hopefully, something will work out with the way online videos are viewed so everyone can see them. Can the youtube videos be seen outside the USA?

Everyone should write Diz and ask for a Muppets.com version outside the USA.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I can only speak for myself, but yes, youtube is perfectly accessible. The go and stop nature of the videos however is why I've recurred to asking for MUP3 versions of the clips. So annoying... To have yo.ur... enjoy.ment of a... clip cut.off... in midviewing.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Bobo had the best line in the whole thing when he namechecked "Arrested Development".

Funny.
Wait. Bobo once advertised for Arrested Development? I have got to see that video, I'm a huge fan of Arrested Development