Muppets in Claw machines

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Camellia said:
Most of these toys are Nanco brand, right? Thanks for sharing that photo of your collection. It's interesting to see the Wizard of Oz themed ones.
Your are very welcome Camellia, thanks for just looking. And yes I most of the Nanco Brand, which can be said as to why some of these are very ugly :smile: . But I still have a love for them, just cause there still Muppet stuff.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Tim Kelly said:
So did I, at the one on Sunrise Highway in Lindenhurst. I think the Swedish Chef and Statler & Waldorf were in there, too.

Yes this is the exact one! I told my mom that it was weird that seeing the set of :boo: and :sleep: in a claw machine was unusual because it is normally sold in stores.(am I right about that?)

Yoda Man

Reaction score
I'll need to check my WalMart I guess. I love the claw machines and have complete sets of Madagascar, Hannah Barbra, Simpsons, and Disney that I won from movie theatres. For some reason, I can't win at Walmart though. I think the machine is rigged because the claw won't close tight. It picks up the item, drops it, and closes again

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yoda Man said:
I'll need to check my WalMart I guess. I love the claw machines and have complete sets of Madagascar, Hannah Barbra, Simpsons, and Disney that I won from movie theatres. For some reason, I can't win at Walmart though. I think the machine is rigged because the claw won't close tight. It picks up the item, drops it, and closes again
Yeah, I'm ususally really good at them...and proboably a bit too "generous" to the machines owners. I'll spen well over $10 on those things...you litterally gotta drag me away from them:zany:

I think those ones at certain malls are rigged. Because I can never win at the ones at malls. I had fozzie picked up, but when it hit the top, it dropped:grouchy:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah this is a bit more of a skillful game than people know, and yes it's safe to say that some are rigged. I mean you have to have good aim with that claw, that's where the skill comes in, however at the same time, that claw could be very loose. Not to mention, that the claw always hits really hard when it's coming back up, than hits really hard on the side of the machine. Little tricks like that is what keeps people's wallets down on thoes freaking machines, but hey that's the name of the game. I mean really you have to look at it like this, you're not playing a dollar or whatever amout of money for the stuffed toys, or paying for the game to have a chance at winning thoes toys.

I've also won Stimpy from Ren and Stimpy, Lisa Smipson, many Disney characters, and many other stuffed toys. I keep a few, have to keep all my Muppets, because I love collecting Muppet Stuff. But many times I would win and I'll give the toy to my little sister, my little brother, my little cousin, or sometimes I'll even let some random kid have it. I just love playing the game for the most part.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I won a spongebob once, theis really heavy elephant stuffed animal that was pretty big too, theres too many to name. Sadly, nothing from a tv show/movie (exept spongebob)