Muppets Have not really been good since Jim Henson passed.

danny23

Reaction score
Jim Henson was truly the soul and spirit of the muppets. He knew how to balance humor and heart. Almost every show or movie he did was amazing! Things have not been the same since he passed.

Muppets Christmas Carol just felt like a lame version of the story without fully utilizing the Muppets. Same can be said for Muppets Treasure Island while I laughed more at Date Movie, Epic Movie, and Disaster Movie than I did from Muppets from Space with zero laughs. Even Muppets Tonight felt like a desperate attempt to capture the success of muppet show without knowing why it worked.

When Disney bought the Muppets, the low quality continued with the Muppets and Muppets most wanted feeling like precursors as to how disney ruined star wars. The Muppets on ABC disrespected the legacy as well while Muppets Go felt like another lame rehash of muppet show. Muppet Mayhem also felt very disappointing.

I know peoplebwill blame disney but whatever henson company is doing is also terrible with the fraggle rock reboot and happy time murders. Maybe everyone should just retire the Muppets because they died when jim henson did.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think you’re an example of a Muppet fan who gives him way too much credit if I’m being honest.

danny23

Reaction score
I think you’re an example of a Muppet fan who gives him way too much credit if I’m being honest.
Without him, the Muppets wouldn't exist. The writers that worked under him helped translate Jim's ideas but didn't have strong ideas of their own after he passed.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
He may have created them but I personally feel they were still able to go on strong even with a few flops here and there.

“Muppet Christmas Carol,” “Muppet Treasure Island” and “Muppets from Space” were all very enjoyable movies imo, as were the two rebooted Disney flicks in 2011 and 2014. The 2015 TV series was a pretty funny series that I would have liked to see more of, and I also just as easily enjoyed “Muppets Tonight.”

“The Jim Henson Hour” is an example of a show when he was alive that I…… really didn’t think was all that great if I’m being honest.

You’re entitled to your thoughts but respectfully it feels like all it takes is to have his name slapped on a project before his passing for you to enjoy it from reading your original message.

danny23

Reaction score
He may have created them but I personally feel they were still able to go on strong even with a few flops here and there.

“Muppet Christmas Carol,” “Muppet Treasure Island” and “Muppets from Space” were all very enjoyable movies imo, as were the two rebooted Disney flicks in 2011 and 2014. The 2015 TV series was a pretty funny series that I would have liked to see more of, and I also just as easily enjoyed “Muppets Tonight.”

“The Jim Henson Hour” is an example of a show when he was alive that I…… really didn’t think was all that great if I’m being honest.

You’re entitled to your thoughts but respectfully it feel like all it takes is to have his name slapped on a project before his passing for you to enjoy it from reading your original. Message.
Jim Henson Hour is the one show that underwhelmed but nbc really screwed with the format and marketing.

I honestly kept watching the shows and films after he passed but they have all been underwhelming

Muppets02

Reaction score
Honestly, as I said before, while Jim Henson was very influential in allowing the Muppets to be what they became at the time, I do feel he definitely does get too much credit, especially when it comes to Sesame Street. After all, there were some projects that still were fine for me in later years, including Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, and even Muppets Tonight to a certain extent. While I am not pleased with the current state of the Muppets, I blame that more on the way Disney has been handling the franchise.

danny23

Reaction score
Honestly, as I said before, while Jim Henson was very influential in allowing the Muppets to be what they became at the time, I do feel he definitely does get too much credit, especially when it comes to Sesame Street. After all, there were some projects that still were fine for me in later years, including Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, and even Muppets Tonight to a certain extent. While I am not pleased with the current state of the Muppets, I blame that more on the way Disney has been handling the franchise.
I know jim henson wouldn't have allowed elmo to outshine the other muppets.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I know jim henson wouldn't have allowed elmo to outshine the other muppets.
Did Jim have that much creative control over Sesame Street? While he was undoubtedly a huge part of the show, he didn't create it.