Muppets Haunted Mansion special coming to Disney+ on Friday October 8, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay...

Was that Link Hogthrob who said they wouldn't be explaining all the secrets?
Who were the two Muppet interns talking about the "dun-dun's" and saying they were new to the HM?

Also, love there's banter between Pepe and The Ghost Host, even more in a language I can follow.

BTW: We know the special airs on October 8, what time though?
This'll be a great hour-long special.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Was that Link Hogthrob who said they wouldn't be explaining all the secrets?
Who were the two Muppet interns talking about the "dun-dun's" and saying they were new to the HM?
That was a ghost (one of the old Muppet Show ones from the Vincent Price ep.)

The other two are apparently named Mummy and Duddy; they're the same puppets used as Real Old Tom and Dead Tom from MTI, just stripped of their pirate garb (Mummy has a one visible eye and I think a monocle? Kinda hard to tell).

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I hope it does well on the trending list. I don't know if Muppets Now is a success or not. If not, then I hope Muppets Haunted Mansion will do better than Muppets Now.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I feel like Muppets Now was probably a disappointment but I also don't have the numbers to back it up. My guess is that Muppets: Live Another Day, if it had been made, would have been a far bigger hit with audiences. We've seen how well shows like WandaVision and Mandalorian have done. Live Another Day would have been a concise, serialized mini-series that might have hooked viewers in a similar fashion.

C to the J

Reaction score
It seems to me that Pepe tends to hide the fact that he never existed before Muppets Tonight. Heck, he almost always avoids mentioning that he debuted in MT.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It seems to me that Pepe tends to hide the fact that he never existed before Muppets Tonight. Heck, he almost always avoids mentioning that he debuted in MT.
Or they're trying to hide the fact that this attraction is old, perhaps?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And yet, the Farmer's Dog from the same special Bean got his start will appear as the Caretaker's Dog.

Also, the article for the special at the Muppet Wiki has more Muppet characters listed as part of the "Happy Haunts". We'll have to wait until the special airs, not sure at what time next Frightday, to find out which specific spooks they'll be. :scary:

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I feel like Muppets Now was probably a disappointment but I also don't have the numbers to back it up. My guess is that Muppets: Live Another Day, if it had been made, would have been a far bigger hit with audiences. We've seen how well shows like WandaVision and Mandalorian have done. Live Another Day would have been a concise, serialized mini-series that might have hooked viewers in a similar fashion.
I agree. I think it's a dumb idea of cancelling Muppets: Live Another Day. But in the meantime, I hope Muppets Haunted Mansion has a good trending on Disneyplus.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think a holiday special, especially for a popular holiday, will draw a lot more eyes than a random streaming show.

Status
Not open for further replies.