Muppets From Space

SaraJayne

Reaction score
What is your opinion on Muppets from Space? It's probably my least favorite muppet movie since the muppets never really sing in it. They sing along to "Brick House" in the beginning, but they never have their own muppety songs. I just wanted to know how everyone else feels about this movie. :confused: :zany:

jediX

Reaction score
I'd say Xmas Carol is my least fave. That story has been overtold and it's just plain boring to watch now.

Whatever

Reaction score
I thought MIS wasn't the best, but I've only seen it once. I'd like to re watch it now to see if I like it any better.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I thought it was great! I loved the choice to go with hardcore funk throughout the entire movie, and I don't think it was too much of a departure for them. The soundtrack totally sets a mood that the movie is upbeat and fun. Storyline: not too farfetched for them, either. I don't think that they have to do musical-style movies EVERY TIME to make it work. This one was just a fun movie!

later
eric

Drtooth

Reaction score
I liked it, and as Frogboy4 said somewhere (here or the Palisades board) "It plays better on video"

Personally I liked it on a much better level than MCC... I can only watch that at christmas. Even VMC I can watch anytime. I'd have to be in the Christmas spirit for MCC, and any version of the Christmas Carol for that matter...

There were only a few week points for me...

1. Lack of original music
  2. Weird cameos
  3. Lack of Frank's Characters Improvising due to his recording of dialogue4

but then there are things I like about it...
  1. New Characters like Pepe, Dr. VanNueter, Bobo, Johnny and Sal (whilest ommiting Spamila Hamderson, David Hasslehog, and Andy and Randy)
  2. The Piggy/ Kermit relationship is downplaied (a refreshing change If I must say)
  3. More Bunsen and Beaker
  4. Classic characters all get at least a better cameo than in MCC and MTI. And Scooter speaks his first dialouge since Richard's Passing.

It's a pretty good movie. not as good as classic Muppet Movies, but certainly a bit more fun that MCC... and a little more fun than MTI... though that one I rully liked!

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I wasn't a big fan of it mostly because of the lack of Muppet music. I don't hate it since it is the Muppets so I could never hate any movie by them but it really was not anywhere as good as the others. Maybe some more songs would've made it better but I don't know.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Things I hated:

1. No new songs
2. Sad cameo appearences
3. Bad scripting
4. Rude jokes
5. Computor generated door

Things I liked:

1. Pepe.
2. Um....