Muppet's From Space: Hidden Stars

Xerus

Reaction score
Muppets From Space is my favorite Muppet Movie, for the following reasons.

1. It was all about Gonzo.
2. We learn what kind of creature Gonzo is.
3. It takes place in modern times.
4. The Muppets are playing themselves and not other characters.
5. I like the thought of a Muppet boarding house.
6. Jerry Nelson's performance as Ubergonzo

The only down side was there were no original songs, but I do like the Celebration song Gonzo's cousins were singing at the end of the movie.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Some of the things I was really thankful for in the movie:
*the fact that, after 15 years, the Muppets were playing theselves in a movie again.
*The fact that The Electric Mayhem bus was used.
*The fact that many old characters from The Muppet Show were used, along with the theatrical debuts of certain Muppets Tonight characters.
*The fact that Scooter was not only brought back, but had a line.
*The fact that Dr. Teeth and Rowlf spoke.

Some things that I really didn't like (especially at the time that I saw it. I have gotten used to some of these by now):
*Seymour not being used at all while Pepe was a main character.
*Animal being the only member of The Electric Mayhem to be a main character in the movie, and the only one to ride the bus.
*Lips being absent from the movie, especially in the scenes featuring the classic five Electric Mayhem members.
*Digit being absent.
*Thog and Doglion being absent.
*The lack of classic Muppet aliens (I find it so unbelievable that the other Mupets wouldn't believe in aliens).
*the lack of Sesame Street characters.
*I find it unbelievable that Gonzo wouldn't want to lose his brain. So out of character.
*ONE SONG? ONLY ONE SONG SUNG BY MUPPETS ON-SCREEN? (screams like a manaic and jumps out the window)

The celebrity cameos aren't as good as the ones in the first three movies. Oddly enough, though I was much older when this one was released, I hardly knew of any of the celebrities who appeared in the movie. But I wonder if fans would have complained about the celebrities cameos in the first three movies if the internet was around back when they were made.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I'll come back later with a more detailed post, but I want to say that the emotional climax, where Gonzo is about to go with his family, really, really gets me, more than almost any Muppet movie moment. Nothing gets me like Rizzo saying "I can always get another roommate." The Gonzo/Rizzo dynamic is the most wonderful thing to happen to the Muppets since Jim died, and I love that being tested with this movie. I'll always believe that it was Rizzo's line that made Gonzo want to stay on Earth.

Although I find it kinda cheap that he really only says bye to Rizzo and Kermit. What, so only Steve's characters are capable of showing emotion? Come on.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I also liked the scene at the beginning in the boarding house, that was great!

Jeffrey Tambor was pretty hilarious too (I loved him on Three's Company, especially that one episode where they thought he was a mental patient, even though he was a doctor).

BOBO! This movie is the one that made me a total Bobo fan, definitely the best character to come from the "Muppets Tonight!" era. It would have been soooo great if they had Bobo as the wizard's assistant in Muppets Wizard of Oz (as a little nod to him being the assistant in this movie).

It's a movie about my favorite Muppet character: Gonzo! Good points right there.

And, yeah, the Muppets playing themselves is always a good thing. Not that I DON'T LIKE them doing other stories (because no one can handle a classic story better than the Muppets) but it's always nice when they play themselves.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BOBO! This movie is the one that made me a total Bobo fan, definitely the best character to come from the "Muppets Tonight!" era. It would have been soooo great if they had Bobo as the wizard's assistant in Muppets Wizard of Oz (as a little nod to him being the assistant in this movie).
It also would have been good if he was a flying monkey, maybe a guard for the witches dungeon.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
There are only two major things that bug me about Muppets From Space:

One: Lack of Songs
Two: I would have much rather seen Jerry Juhl's version.

Anything else I dislike is minor, so other than that, I really do like this movie. It's fun and emotional. It's a lot of what the Muppets should always be.