Muppet's From Space: Hidden Stars

Beauregard

Reaction score
Following up on Ru's successful "Hidden Treasure" thread about MTI. I thought I'd try and find something good to say about a movie that gets bashed a lot (mainly by myself) around here.

- The cutest little Jim Henson Pictures logo, the one with Kermit in space with a camera.it's just the cutest thing ever.

- Noah. He's so frightening. Somehow un-Noahlike, but he gives a brillient performance. And I adore the moment when he opens the door and gives Gonzo that black umbrella. So sobering and scary and. . . wait, is this a good thing? I'm meant to be talking about the good things.

- Rizzo's snoreing. Isn't it CUTE?

- Sam's clock. And Kermit's darling little hands turning off his own alarm.

May I take a moment to comment on Piggy's outfits in this movie? I'm not sure that orange suits her? It has a certain. . .I don't know, it makes her seem a little moody. Her blue sweater is nice, but the orange gloves and dark purple gloves. . .I can't quite approve of them. Understandable that she would modernise on her old purple gloves but. . .hmmmm. . .I'm a traditionalist, I suppose.

- Bearegard at the breakfast table! NICE!

- Penguins, in the bath.

There's a few comments, (from just the opening so far,) What are you favorite moments?

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I would have to say that my favorite moments are the opening with all the muppets, Muppet labs in the basement, and Muppets resqueing Gonzo but all of it is great.

Luke

Reaction score
- Opening scene and Muppets waking up scene
- Rizzo in the hammock and the Mice Girls
- Breakfast table scene with Pepe
- Rizzo and the baloney
- Lab rat scene
- Rentro
- Electric Mayhem doing the jewish walk on
- Gonzo With Van Neuter
- Pepe Ballerina and the others dressed as Doctors
- Muppet Labs scenes

So basically the entire first half of the movie. The ending seemed a little slow, and i didn't think Piggy, or the humans were great in it. Other than that one of my favorite Muppet movies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the movie. But I'll say my favorite part is when Scooter has one line, voiced by Richard's brother. :wink:

anytimepally

Reaction score
- "Build the Jacuzzi"
- Johnny & Sal's scene at the Jacuzzi party
- Bobo
- The Poker Game
- Seeing Rowlf & Scooter again
- When Dr. Honeydew freaks out because one of his inventions actually worked (so her thought)
- Gonzo's Brain Surgery
- Ubergonzo (Jerry Nelson just gets :cool:er everyday)
- Gonzo's line at the end: "There's just one thing I don't understand . . . why'd they have me build a jacuzzi?"

I really like the whole movie. . Gonzo's my favorite non-Cookie Monster muppet, so that made it even better . . . the one thing I found unmuppety about it is that they didn't do original songs, but everything else was great. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
The poker game is my favourite scene, even though it's not that long. It's just everyone being themselves, really funny, and I feel like I'm looking in on what the muppets do when they aren't playing characters or putting on a show.

peyjenk

Reaction score
Dr. Phil van Neuter's scene cracks me up every time. He's one of the funniest characters to come out of Muppets Tonight. What a goofball!

"Nervous? Don't worry, everyone is just before having their brains sucked out."

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'm with Mrs. P, I love the poker game. Actually the whole movie isn't that bad in my opinion, I thought it was kind of cute. I actually didn't even watch it for the first time until after I joined the forum and learned what it was all about.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I love the Poker game too.

I love when Rizzo's being tested, even though David Arquette doesn't do anything for me in this movie. He works much better in VMX. Frankly, all the cameos are annoying, if not downright terrible coughollywoodhulkhogancough. Okay, but this is about the good stuff, right?

More of what everyone else has been saying, the Van Neuter scene, the Jacuzzi. Haha, Steve's cameo. Sweet. That makes me laugh, just because of how absurd it is.

Yeah, Kermit's whole speech on the bus and then realizing they forgot Bunsen and Beaker? That's a great moment too.

The DVD for MFS has given us lots to laugh about too--the whole Mystery Science Theater way that they did the commentary was awesome and there are some great bloopers (although why you have to click them all individually I doubt I'll ever figure out).

I agree with Randall too, a big part of my disappointment with it is that there are no new original Muppet songs. The Muppet music has always been my favorite part.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I can say SO many good things about this movie. It's really one of my favorite Muppet movies.
  • Poker Scene - Just SO funny. Clifford, Pepe, Rizzo, and Kermit playing poker, you can't go wrong there. That, and it derived my screenname, and eventually a nickname that will stick to me forever.
  • Ubergonzo - AWESOME character, even though he had a very small role. Jerry Nelson's vocals were phenomenal.
  • "Shalom!"
  • "Build it. . . and we will come, hokay?"
  • "Celebration" number.
  • "The cape for Ed!"
  • "Shh! It could be filled with chocolates, hokay?"
  • "Did you cut this cake?"
  • Robin's cute little space ship pajamas.
  • Bobo as Rentro.
  • Kermit's speech on the bus.
  • "Cheese Twiddle?"
  • Penguins in the bath tub.
  • Fozzie in the shower.
  • Pepe in the sink.
  • Animal in the toilet.
  • Scooter!
  • Bean getting hit by Piggy at the door.
  • Sweetums fishing off the roof.
  • Dr. Phil van Neuter. One of my all-time favorite Muppet scenes.
  • Link with messed up hair and in pajamas.
  • Moose head singing.
  • Clifford at the mailbox.
  • (Have I commented on the whole movie yet?)
  • Bubba the Rat.
  • Pepe in a tutu.
  • "Oh, Kermin, jou are so soft and plump." "Ya got ten seconds to get yer hands off me, shrimp."
  • Bunsen's excited little "the mothership!" giggle.
  • Muppets watching T.V.
  • Cosmic Fish.
  • Bologna sandwiches.
  • THE DVD COMMENTARY!
  • And. . . Gonzo. All Gonzo. It was all great.
Again, this is one of my all-time faves. The first Muppet movie I saw, and the ONLY Muppet movie I saw in theaters. I love it.