Muppets at Claires

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
Tink Pants!

I'd LOVE a pair of those pants!!!!!! :excited:

Where did they find them?

GonzoGirl, you said that your hubby is prob. tired of buying Tink stuff etc... well, mine as well. We don't have kids, (except for me! :wink: ) but my bed room looks like it belongs to a 3 year old girl! LOL! I'm thankful that my freinds and family have always supported me in my "habits". I have roosters ALL over the kitchen and dining room, hubby has gorillas in his office (he looks like one) then I've discovered this strange..........."thing" I have for............. :embarrassed: Pink Flamingos :embarrassed: I used to make fun of them, and people who had them.....now......I just can't help myself when I see one! And let me tell you........Flamingos and Roosters do NOT match! :eek: My brother is totally color blind and he even tells me how bad they look. Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't have them displayed together, but there are 2 or 3 "Mingos" in the dining room. You know, a tootpick holder displayed on top of the microwave, a "tea towel" over the butcher block, nothing big.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
I got my pants thru the Disney store catalogue. I also got a matching shirt and zipper jacket with a hood, and recently ordered a pair of Tink flip flops. You can see the shoes on the Disney store website, but I haven't seen the pants and stuff for awhile...

hehe, naw, my hubby isn't tired of the Tink stuff-I have a stuffed animal obsession, and thats what he gets a bit tired of, not so much because he doesn't like them, but because they are taking over the house. *muahaha* We don't have any children, either, both of us are just really big kids ourselves, and our dog is pretty much our child. :wink:

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
GonzoGirl, Zelda and their dogs...............

So, your dog is your child too, huh? Well, if that's the case then I have 2 children, granted, they walk on all 4's and need a leash when we go out......wait, most 2 legged kids I've seen need leashes too. :embarrassed: Oh, that's bad. SORRY! :embarrassed:

Anyhow, my mom gets "grandpuppies", and that's ALL! She is the only one that won't listen to me, I just don't like kids. I don't know why...well, I do, but I don't want to start a fight on here or anything. But my Mom will go to friend's baby showers and she'll sit and whine and cry and make a TOTAL fool of herself, trying to "shame me" into having a baby.

She was at my best friend's shower a few weeks ago and practically screamed "I WANT A GRAND BABY!!!!" I've been getting very rough with her in front of her friends just so she'll stop. I know it's bad of me, but she just doesn't respect our wishes. My hubby's mother "Mommy" as I call her, she says she'd rather us NOT have kids because it's so tough in these times. I LOVE MOMMY!

I really got my Mom mad at one of the last showers we were attended, it was for one of the neighbor's daughter-in-law. She's 5 to 6ish years younger than I am and got married about 3ish years ago. Mom made the comment (after several other neighbors did) "Gee, Beth, we thought we'd be having YOUR baby shower first. You've been married, what......8 years now?" Like "something was wrong " with either me or my hubby. They were VERY snotty about it. I was FED UP! I appologized to Amy, then told them what I thought. Amy was fine with it, infact she was laughing. Mom was crying and some of the neighbos got MAD, but you know what...... I DON'T CARE! :grouchy:

I was raised right under my mom's finger. I couldn't go anywhere, do anything call anyone, or write anything without her finding out and standing right there. I wasn't allowed to go anywhere or do anything unless she went and was right in the middle of things. My mom is VERY....what's the word....."hard nosed" so she wasn't even a "fun mom". I didn't start driving untuil I was 22! The first tast of freedom I ever had was when I got married at 24! I'd never gone anywhere alone, eaten alone, driven alone.......nothing! It was a whole new world, and I REALLY LIKED IT!

It's been 8 years now, and I'm still enjoying my freedom, and I'm really enjoying Brian too. We started dating when he was 16, I was 15 and mom HATED him because he was raised in a single parent home in a VERY poor part of town. She quickly realized that he was a HARD worker and want out of there, so she changed her tune. We've been very happy, and like I said, Mommy is my FAVE! I know, I'm not getting any younger, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. But I'm VERY selfish with me, and my time now, and with Brian because I never got to enjoy myself when I was little, and neither did he, so THIS is our childhood and we arent' giving it up.

Am I bad? Wrong?

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I don't usually go into Claire's, (I don't like the music they play & the workers at ours are obnoxious), but for Muppet stuff, I'll make an exception! :big_grin:
....Zelda, I dopn't think it's bad for you to want to reclaim a bit of your childhood! Especially since you didn't seem to get much of one in the first place! I never did grow up...You know that age where you think you're "too cool" to like toys & cartoons & stuff like that? I sped RIGHT PAST that age, barely even stopping.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
No, Zelda Rose, I don't think you are in the wrong at all! You aren't the only one, either. My hubby and I will be married 10 years this November, and we don't have any kids (of the 2 legged variety), and don't plan to, either. We just aren't 'kid people'...its the way we are, and probably the way we will always be. I am fortunate, though, to have parents who aren't grandkid crazy. I think they would like it if we decided to have atleast one baby, but their lives don't depend on it, either, and they respect our feelings. Plus, they've been quite happy with their grandpets over the years, and realize that it does give us alot more freedom to take trips and do more things that you can't do as easily with kids in tow.
Plus, if I did have a kid, and it turned out to be a girl, I'd probably name her Tinkerbell...*lol*

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Manda-I know what you mean, I normally don't care for the music they play in Claire's either, and most of the employees at ours are pretty obnoxious too. I applied for a management position there last year-the regional manager was really a nice woman, and the one older girl that was the store manager was nice, too, but the rest of the girls were so incredibly snotty, I ended up turning it down, just for sanity's sake. Though a discount on Muppet toys would have been cool...hehehe!