Muppets as british as fish n chips

MrsPepper

Reaction score
**giggles** Consider this thread muffined.
I always though Fish and Chips were scottish, for some reason... Like, specifically scottish, not just british. Is it a Great Britain thing, or no? ** ponders**

P.S. Marky, referring to your avatar, was it the otter that was the french one? That otter always annoyed me as a child... :mad: :crazy:

Marky

Reaction score
If the Otter annoyed you, than it is most likely that he is indeed french. Heard that the li'l poutine-scarfing bugger had his trailer 'separated' from the rest.

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
I always though Fish and Chips were scottish, for some reason... Like, specifically scottish, not just british. Is it a Great Britain thing, or no? ** ponders

Actually fish n chips are from Yorkshire in Northen England, and guess what i live there

Marky

Reaction score
Kaiser Gonzo said:
I always though Fish and Chips were scottish, for some reason... Like, specifically scottish, not just british. Is it a Great Britain thing, or no? ** ponders

Actually fish n chips are from Yorkshire in Northen England, and guess what i live there
The British are truly regarded worldwide as innovators of many things.
Cuisine is not one of them.

Xerus

Reaction score
I've learned that half hour British shows last more than 30 minutes. Which is why the Muppet Show is now starting to show scenes that were only shown in the UK.

Marky

Reaction score
Well, It's not so much that UK shows are over 30 minutes so much that they require less minutes within that 1/2 hour time frame for commercial time.

The same went for Canadian television up until the early 80's (we're now on par w/ americans) so back then, we Canuks (and Americans who live near the border watching it on a Canadian channel) saw the 'UK' spots, too.

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score

hey Marky you can't say anything about the UK's cuisine, when all they serve in america is crap and McDonalds

Marky

Reaction score
Kaiser Gonzo said:

hey Marky you can't say anything about the UK's cuisine, when all they serve in america is crap and McDonalds
Hmm... America is a large area. North, Central and South America... that's dozens of countries there. Ever been to one of them?
Now I'm personaly from Canada, the most northerly of the 3 countries which consitute North America.

Now obviously your statement is referring to the Untited States of America of which the world refers to their citizens as 'Americans'. You would not be the first limey (cough) Brit who simply refers to the U.S.A. as America. And don't feel bad, there's even many an American who erronously referes to their own country as simply 'America'.

Now that that's out of the way...
Do you not have many McDonald's over there in any of the countries within the U.K.? I know there are. I've been there many times, not to mention many other countries in Europe. Being a travel, cultural and food enthusiast, I've sampled many great dishes from Copenhagen to the Middle East. When sharing tales with travelling collegues there's a shared opinion on the domestic dishes in England.

I welcome you, Kaiser Gonzo, to share some of your experiences you've had with food in North or South America. Particularily some tales from your trips to The United States of America.

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
i've been to Boston, New York and washington, you can't go down one street without seeing a Mc Donalds.
Ad for Canada i've never been, but have heard how the canadians are a nice set of chaps, my uncle lives there,m somewhere