• The Muppets 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Share your title below.)

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Now that I think about it... I really wonder how good the March release date is going to work, since about 2 weeks later, the blockbuster sequel to Captain America comes out.​
I just hope that MMA gets a worldwide theatrical release - including the countries that didn't get the last movie (hint hint).

But on the positive side, at least we don't have to worry about sparkling vampires anymore! :laugh:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not so much the Sparkly vampires as much as the squeaky rodents and like an entire summer's worth of movies in a week.

Really... 2011 was a clustercrap of too many blockbuster films in a single 3 week period.

galagr

Reaction score
Guys, I think we have a spoiler here. Scratch that, a small spoiler, probably the smallest spoiler you can get.

Anyway, I'm sure some of you read the Dave Goelz's interview on the Muppet Mindset today. If not, I highly recommend you read it, as Dave Goelz is absolutely brilliant. Towards the end, there was a question about which characters that he DIDN'T perform was his favorite. Part of his reply was this:

"A new favorite is Lips, the trumpet player. Steve Whitmire has been frustrated that for thirty years he hasn’t really found a character hook for Lips the trumpet player. Just last winter he had to say the line “but we don’t have any instruments.” In a gravelly voice, Steve came out with “Buh we don’ got no insuh-menz.” And the character was born after 30-odd years in labor. I love Lips, and am waiting raptly for his next line."

Yeah, it's not exactly confirmed for "Muppets Most Wanted" and yeah, it's not a huge part of the plot. But, the words "Just last winter" really stood out to me, because, as you all know, the film started filming in January.

And you know what? The thought of a character as obscure as LIPS getting a line in a 2014 Muppet movie makes the future look bright.