Status
Not open for further replies.

FozzieBear

Reaction score
I wish I could go.....:frown: They would never have one in Australia:mad:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Originally posted by muppet_dk
It would be great to have a muppetfest in the UK, it's alot cheaper for me to travel to the UK insted of the states :big_grin:
Maybe it will be UK next time, if not this time.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i wouldn't be suprised if they continue fan fests as an annual thing that they do something at some point in the UK - sooner or later they'll run out of stuff and theres plenty they can do here - even Rivkin goes on about how the UK is Henson's best market right now and how accepted the Muppets have been. It depends on how they go forward with Muppetfest itself - whether they use Creation again or just do it themselves. I think Creation would always want it in New York or California. They could always do something smaller here like a fan exhibition.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I do hope there will be some kind of MuppetFest in th UK.

I was a bit upset :cry: that the first one didn't do it the UK in the first place as "TMS" was made in the UK and perhaps do a little mini tour of the studios were the show was made.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
I think with the family buying it we now have more of a chance of another Muppetfest then we've had the past year. Afterall Brian Henson actually hung up a banner for Muppetfest. Maybe we can hope for one in the winter before the new show? (if it ever happens)

Luke

Reaction score
It probably wouldn't be this year - venues in NY (especially Theaters) probably need to be pre-booked about 6-8 months in advance (if not more) and before they even got to that, they'd have to do a plan for what they wanted to do there, how much it would cost, get Creation (if they use them again) interested in it. I think if they do one, it would be about a year away - possibly a tiny bit sooner.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The last thing I ever heard from JHC in an email was that there was consideration for another MuppetFest and they were making plans.

That was early 2002.

However, I've not heard of a final destination for the MFest, though I wouldn't be opposed to it being in California or New York.

I DO wish they could do it in other countries as well, but the pay for the performers and "shipping & handling" of them is probably expensive.

I'm sure that in the UK they could make their money's worth since there IS such a big part of Henson History embedded there. If it were an annual event, I'd allow it to skip me so others could enjoy the magic that is Muppetdom.

Luke

Reaction score
There were fairly solid plans for New York in March 2003 - it even made official Henson marketing releases (i think Quinn mentioned in his NY visit it was even on their calendar) and things like that. Obviously it was cancelled towards the end of 2002 - i guess when it became clear that the EMTV thing was dragging on.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
There were fairly solid plans for New York in March 2003 - it even made official Henson marketing releases (i think Quinn mentioned in his NY visit it was even on their calendar) and things like that. Obviously it was cancelled towards the end of 2002 -
Unless we all missed it. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.