MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Last response I got from them stated that there was some plans, but nothing in stone.

Luke

Reaction score
If the rumors are anything to go by, if it did happen, it wouldn't be for at least another year. I think in the Henson companies current position (ie:- not much money) they couldn't really justify investing right now in something that isn't all that profitable or boosts prospects dramatically even though they'd like to. They know people want that kinda stuff - and are making more smaller appearances like Barnes & Noble, MOT&R, and the statue unveiling which the public can attend.

mmd616

Reaction score
Will there be another MuppetFest?

I was just wondering if anyone has heard about a new Muppetfest. I didn't realize that such an event existed and they seem great. Has anyone heard anything? Where would it most likely be located? :confused: Thanks.
Megan

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are currently no "official" plans for a MuppetFest in 2004. The Henson Company is going through a lot of financial and structural changes right now.

One of the next big things on the horizon next year will be the 25th anniversary of The Muppet Movie and preparing to lay the groundwork for celebrating the Muppets 50th anniversary down the road. Time will tell whether or not there will be another MuppetFest.

beaker

Reaction score
I think there will be a Muppetfest before the end of 2004. My reasoning, is because they need a big fan event to galvanize things for the massive 2005 year(least Im hoping it is massive) 2004 shall be more or less a buildup year toward that. Sure, they are in transition, but you never what what will be announced with JHC! Btw, a March 2003 Muppetfest looked like it might have happened, heck Palisades was even talking about having a con exclusive Animal for it...but it wasnt meant to be. 2004 tho! :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I think if it happened in 2004 it would be a December thing but I doubt it. 2005 is far more likely, early summer. I'm not quite sure a few hundred fans in a room is going to galvanize massive fan support enough to make it worth doing financially but i'm sure they know the hardcore fans would like one. It's probably best for people not to get their hopes up too much.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
As for location the last one was in Santa Monica CA, but who knows where the next one will be. :confused: Possibly New York City?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wish there were something valuable to the JHC in Memphis so they could come here, but (shoot!) there's only 3 of us from MC around these parts, but Nate's in Oxford and Whatever is wherever...

Whatever

Reaction score
I am in Evansville Indiana! That is in southern Indiana, 6 hours away! Well, if they had it in Memphis my family might come too- count in my mom, sister and brother!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Anywhere in the tri-state area (Pennsylvania :smile:, New York, and Ohio) would be great!
Erin

Status
Not open for further replies.