Muppeteers at New York Comic Con 2010!

DarkChrystal

Reaction score
Hi! Just wanted to spread the news that Caroll Spinney, Noel MacNeal (Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House, Leon from Puzzle Place), Jim Martin (Gary Gnu from the Great Space Coaster, Ben from Puzzle Place), Judy Sladky (Alice Snuffleupagus, Snoopy's "best friend"!) and David Newell (Mr. McFeely from Mr. Rogers) will be at New York Comic Con (Oct. 8 - Oct. 10, 2010). They will be at the Toonseum booth (booth #2300), not with the other celebrities, so if you would like to meet them, seek them out here. They will also be giving a panel on Sunday sponsored by the Toonseum, Pittsburgh's museum of cartoon art (more info here: http://toonseum.blogspot.com/2010/09/toonseum-brings-together-childrens-tv.html). I have posted this information on another thread but thought perhaps it deserved a thread of its own. I hope you agree! I will post more information as what times you can expect to find certain people at the table as I find out; right now I think Caroll and Jim will be there for the run of the show and Noel will be there on Sunday at the very least.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Agreed since I had no idea he was going to be there until your post! I emailed the Toonseum and they said all the panel members will be signing throughout the weekend and Caroll will have drawings, and pictures for sale and will be posing for photos.

There is no cost to get a pic with him but they appreciate donations to the museum.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Is the museum in NY or Pittsburgh?And do you know the address?

DarkChrystal

Reaction score
The Toonseum is located in Pittsburgh, PA. Their web address is: www.toonseum.org and their physical address is 945 Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. It has rotating exhibits that change about every 2 months. The "Dog Days of Summer: Famus Cartoon Canines" has just ended and "Pictopia! by Don Simpson and Alan Moore" is their current exhibit:http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com...simpsonmoore-in-pictopia-surfaces-at-toonseum.
The EXCITING news is that starting in November their exhibit will be "The Art of Caroll Spinney." What few people know is that in addition to beng a puppeteer, Caroll is also an artist and an illustrator. The Toonseum is proud to be the first to exhibit a collection of Caroll's art. Caroll himself will be in Pittsburgh for the opening of his exhibit. You can find out more information by contacting the Toonseum by email, phone, Facebook, or Twitter. The best way to keep informed about this exhibit is to sign up for the email list.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Nice, now only if Sesame Street was able to actually do a comic book one-shot of the show, then we're in business. :wisdom:

DarkChrystal

Reaction score
Nice, now only if Sesame Street was able to actually do a comic book one-shot of the show, then we're in business. :wisdom:
A comic book would be great! If you go to Comic Con, put your thought in Caroll's ear! It would be wonderful to see a comic book drawn by him!