Muppeteer Noel MacNeal writes puppet making book for young and old

NMac

Reaction score
Hi folks!

Hope you are all getting to enjoy the holiday season (and staying warm).

Being a puppeteer and a dad (of a 5 yr old) I wrote a book of easy puppets kids and their adults can do together called, "10 Mintue Puppets." It has the step-by-steps to making all kinds of simple puppets, advice for adding to them when there's more time, and templates in the back. Also, different theaters you can whip up and how to put together a show.

http://www.noelmacneal.com/books.shtml

But one feature I am truly proud of is the "advice" and comments from my friends in "puppetdom." Scattered through out the book are quotes and personal stories from Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson (who wrote the forward), Dave Golez, Steve Whitmire, Fran Brill, and more.

This project was so much fun to do, especially the feedback I got from my colleagues.

Cheers and thanks for listening!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ooh! This sounds awesome. (Having ten brothers and sisters I know kids always need new projects...like...seriously...) Also, contributions from your celebrity friends definitely sound worth a read!

beaker

Reaction score
Ha, this rocks. I honestly haven't seen Henson related puppet making books since 1993(and I remember a few really good ones)
I think people complicate life too much, and forget that you don't need to run to Toys R Us or Amazon.com to make amazing toys, gifts or fun educational stuff. This needs to be front page news on muppet mindset blog and Muppets.com!

edit: wow, less than 8 bucks! Folks this is a steal!
http://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Pup...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1291581511&sr=8-1

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hi folks!

Hope you are all getting to enjoy the holiday season (and staying warm).

Being a puppeteer and a dad (of a 5 yr old) I wrote a book of easy puppets kids and their adults can do together called, "10 Mintue Puppets." It has the step-by-steps to making all kinds of simple puppets, advice for adding to them when there's more time, and templates in the back. Also, different theaters you can whip up and how to put together a show.

http://www.noelmacneal.com/books.shtml

But one feature I am truly proud of is the "advice" and comments from my friends in "puppetdom." Scattered through out the book are quotes and personal stories from Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson (who wrote the forward), Dave Golez, Steve Whitmire, Fran Brill, and more.

This project was so much fun to do, especially the feedback I got from my colleagues.

Cheers and thanks for listening!
Welcome sir :wink: The book sounds awesome, and I agree with what Beaker said in the post above me. You can make puppets that are fun and great with very simple items. My first and only puppet I made included cushion foam, styrofoam balls and staples and glue and it turned out alright.

Beauregard

Reaction score
(Firstly: Your boy is SIX? Now I feel old!)

NMac

Reaction score
Congratulations Noel! We're looking forward to getting this. Our 6 and 2 year-old boys will love it (and so will the grown-ups in the house). :big_grin:

Did anyone notice that the first person to write a review of the book is none other than Fran Brill herself? Very cool.
Yes, Phillip she did. I am both honored and not surprised she's the first. But Fran is a "lady," in the classic sense. She was the first to RSVP to our wedding; the first to send us a wedding gift; the first to send a thank you note for coming; and the first Muppet performer to send me quotes for my book.

She is and always will be "classy!"