Muppeteer Fran Brill's official retirement

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Geez...we sure are losing a pretty good amount of Muppeteers during the 2010's. First Jerry, then Kevin, then Frank (supposedly), then Steve (supposedly), and now Fran.

Now, I'm not in any way blaming the people I just mentioned for no longer being with us- Jerry's death was bound to happen ever since his illness came along, and it was the others' choice to resign/retire, but it's still quite overwhelming, if you ask me.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Geez...we sure are losing a pretty good amount of Muppeteers during the 2010's. First Jerry, then Kevin, then Frank (supposedly), then Steve (supposedly), and now Fran.

Now, I'm not in any way blaming the people I just mentioned for no longer being with us- Jerry's death was bound to happen ever since his illness came along, and it was the others' choice to resign/retire, but it's still quite overwhelming, if you ask me.
Wait, why is Steve gone, is he not performing Ernie anymore?

RowlfFan12

Reaction score
Wow....I can't believe it. I am more familiar with Prairie Dawn than I am Zoe, as I watched PWMS before actually viewing the street, and I loved Prairie and her piano playing. Thank you Fran for all the great years! We'll miss you, but happy retirement!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think Stephanie would be the better and more logical choice to take over Fran's characters; they have similar vocal ranges, and Stephanie really has had no signature character on SST since they were retired due to her commitment to AVENUE Q... not to mention Leslie already performs Abby and practically every single female Muppet that's not Rosita or Ovejita - it'd be easier for inserts that feature the trio of Abby, Zoe, and Rosita, much like they decided to give Cookie Monster to David instead of Eric so Cookie and Grover could interact in inserts with the ease of two performers without having to loop one of the character's voices.

As for Frank and Steve, Frank is no longer with SST in any kind of official capacity, as they, "Can't afford him," but he does devote one day of the year to perform on the show, "For fun," meanwhile yeah, I think it's pretty much the accepted theory right now that Steve is too involved with the Classic Muppets to work on SST right now... even though back in the day, with all the various different projects he had going on all over the world, Jim was able to give SST a week out of the year of his time (same with Frank and Jerry and the rest of them).

cahuenga

Reaction score
Creig shemin just said : "Yesterday marked the last day at Sesame Street for Fran, as she is retiring from show business." so I guess she will be involved in the new Sesame special they are taping this week! this will be her last project on sesame!!

SSLFan

Reaction score
I'm overwhelmingly sad by this news. As someone stated, it does feel like the end of an era. However, I wish her the best in her retirement. Ms. Brill was a big part of my Sesame experience, and I will always cherish the great memories she brought to the show and my childhood.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Creig shemin just said : "Yesterday marked the last day at Sesame Street for Fran, as she is retiring from show business." so I guess she will be involved in the new Sesame special they are taping this week! this will be her last project on sesame!!
New Sesame special? What is it?