Muppet Wizard of Oz to film in September

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I recognized that their voices are different, too, but I'm glad they're back. I DO want to see the EM band back in full force, and with two different people doing Kermit and Dr. Teeth now, maybe we'll see more of those two in conversation than ever before in the past!!

McFraggle

Reaction score
I too would like to see more of EM. Also I hope they make Rowlf a central part again.

beaker

Reaction score
We KNOW for a fact, just by hunch, the following will be in it:

Kermit
Piggy
Gonzo
Fozzie
Pepe
Rizzo
Electric Mayhem w/ Animal
Bobo
Rowlf
Scooter
Statler
Waldorf
Sam Eagle
Lew Zealand
Penguins

That's just a given...but I wonder what long lost Muppets we'll see in cameo roles.

King Jim

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
and with two different people doing Kermit and Dr. Teeth now, maybe we'll see more of those two in conversation than ever before in the past!!
Is Steve Whitmire still doing Kermit. Because no one could copy Jim Henson's voice as good as he could.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
American McGee's OZ

Does any one know more about this? I have checked out a little about it, are the Henso people involved?
Thank You

Disney is making three films based on the iconoclastic designer's unreleased game. McGee tells GameSpot what's up with Oz.

Last July, iconoclastic game designer American McGee revealed that überproducer Jerry Bruckheimer had optioned the film rights to his unreleased PC game, American McGee's Oz. However, the scale of Bruckheimer's project wasn't revealed until today, when the Hollywood Reporter revealed that an entire film trilogy is being based on Oz.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
McGee's OZ

According to the Reporter, talent agency ICM brokered a deal between Walt Disney Pictures, Jerry Bruckheimer Films, and Carbon 6--McGee's "interactive entertainment" company. While no production start date has been set, two first-time screenwriters, Kevin and Dan Hageman, are attached to the project.

Much like 2000's American McGee's Alice, American McGee's Oz will be a dark reworking of a classic children's tale, which, in this case, is The Wizard of Oz. Other than its basic premise, which transforms Oz from a magical fairyland into a war-torn hellscape, little is known about the game other than the fact that it is officially due sometime this year for the PC and Xbox.

The only official glimpses of Oz thus far have been a handful of screenshots and action figures, including a sickle-wielding straw golem and a munchkin in industrial overalls. These promise a visual style as twisted as that of Alice, which presented a warped version of Alice in Wonderland. Luckily, McGee took some time out of his increasingly busy schedule to talk with GameSpot about Oz, Hollywood, and other fantastical realms.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
American McGee's OZ

Sorry to post so much here but this sounds cool and I am hunting for more information on it.

In the time before the known adventures, the Land of Oz was an ominous world full of war and destruction. Battles raged between the races for so long, most could not recall how they had begun.

Only a few knew the truth.

Wizard's magic incinerated and laid waste to Munchkin towns. Powerful spells murdered and maimed their inhabitants by the thousands. The Munchkins retaliated by building armies of horrific steam powered war machines. With these they leveled the Wizard's castles and made into scorched earth huge swaths of Oz for as far as the eye could see. Even the Witches, the once noble and kind rulers of Oz, returned to the Old Magic and joined in the battles. Their powers split the skin of the Land itself, swallowing up huge armies at the wave of a hand.

Knowing that the great battle would eventually lead to the destruction of all Oz, the rulers of the Realm of Night sent for a messiah who would lead the Races out of their blood lust. From the land of Man a savior was called for by way of the Dream Realm. And into their world he came to finally end all that had gone before.

Man was made Wizard and this is his story.

American McGee puts his signature touch on another classic children's tale. This time the Lands of Oz are visited in a prequel adventure to the original books that will take you on a colorful journey through a unique world filled with dozens of interesting characters and stories.

"Oz offers a diverse world and large range of characters to explore and meet." said American from his Hollywood design studio, "I'm really excited to be working with such rich material and amazing technology." Oz is being produced for the Microsoft Xbox and PC and is scheduled for release some time in 2004. The Oz soundtrack is being produced by Media Ventures. A line of Oz toys will be hitting store shelves soon. A book and film deal are to be announced.

For more toy information please visit:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MS019
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MS021
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MS018

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Statler et Monsieur Waldorf

:boo: :sleep:

Don't care who's playin' who; so long as Statler and Waldorf are in it! Also hope they can try and squeeze the Swedish Chef in somewhere! Animal would play a very good Toto, I'd love to see him scare whichever human actor they have to play Dorothy. Come to think of it... what would the Swedish chef look like with bunches...?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
In the time before the known adventures, the Land of Oz was an ominous world full of war and destruction. Battles raged between the races for so long, most could not recall how they had begun.
I never liked his version of Oz. It's SO completely NOT what the histories by Baum or Thompson tell us. There were battles between good and evil, but not the same way this guy tells it; and prior to the tales that Baum/Thompson told in the Oz books, it was a land created by fairies. He just never read the Oz histories as he should have.

Then, he could have made what he was telling correctly.