Muppet Voice Impressions

Hubert

Reaction score
I was just thinking, Jerry Nelson's character's sure are hard to do. I can do an alright Floyd and sometimes Lew Zealand, but anyone else is just so hard to reach. He just has so much sharpness in his voice that is hard to duplicate.

Misskermie

Reaction score
The first thing I try to practice with Lew's voice is his laugh.
With Floyd, I try to make it raspy, but I end up damaging my wind pipes.

Hubert

Reaction score
That's the problem. You're using wind pipes when you should be using a guitar.

Scooter's another voice that I used to have trouble with, but am gradually getting the hang of.

Hubert

Reaction score
Now Wemlbey is a voice I can't do to save my life. I always have struggled with the voices of characters originated by Steve.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Even Beaker...?

*slaps self*

That was richard hunt idiot.

ProboSowa

Reaction score
I can do impressions of a few characters, Swedish Chef being one of the easiest. Not bad with Bunsen either.

Hubert

Reaction score
My problem with Bunsen is that I can kinda do him, but I always end up slipping into some sort of weird accent with him.

cjd874

Reaction score
I was just thinking, Jerry Nelson's character's sure are hard to do. I can do an alright Floyd and sometimes Lew Zealand, but anyone else is just so hard to reach. He just has so much sharpness in his voice that is hard to duplicate.
For me, it's not hard to do Lew Zealand, Dr. Strangepork, Uncle Deadly, or Pops because I have a loud voice. It's tougher for me to do Robin's high-pitched voice and Louis Kazagger, too. And I especially have trouble with Floyd's voice and laugh. I end up coughing after I do it.
And to throw my hat into the "Miss Piggy" voice, I can do a good job with Miss Piggy's normal speaking voice, but I have to work on her "angry" voice and her singing.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
*bumping to the thread*

When I get so excited, sometimes I do sound like Red Fraggle. Heh, I guess I am not the only who comes out with a Muppet or Fraggle voice. Ha! :excited: