1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet Snow White

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Drtooth, Jan 29, 2010.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Beautiful! I really wish Boom would make these into posters. I'd frame some of these. :cool:

2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I'm with you there! There are so many great covers and moments from the comics that would make awesome wall-hangings!

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

A Posterzine! That would be perfect. If I had the money I'd buy a second and third copy of each issue, pull off the covers and frame them. There has yet to be a cover I don't like.

4. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo Well-Known Member

Got questions for the writer?

Hey all...I'm going to be doing a Q&A with Jesse Blaze Snider, writer of the Muppet Snow White comic book to help promote the upcoming release. And I'm looking for your questions! So please send me any questions that you may have about the comic, working on the comic, or writing for the Muppets and I'll do my best to share them all with Jesse when we do our interview.

To submit your questions you can Tweet me on Twitter, comment me on Facebook, or e-mail me.

I look forward to reading some interesting and fun questions from you guys and girls.

And yes, Jesse is the son of rocker Dee Snider. But let us focus our questions on the Muppet comics and not Twisted Sister... please.

5. Leeway

Leeway Member

6. James Denny

James Denny Well-Known Member

You have a Penguin as a woodland creature, that's sooo cool :zany:

James

7. Frogster

Frogster Well-Known Member

Yay, 1300 posts!

8. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Tough Pigs has an interview, including an explanation on the "seventh dwarf", why certain characters were chosen, and so on.

http://www.toughpigs.com/jesse-blaze-snider-1/

I am soooooo glad that Jim Henson Hour characters besides Clifford and Bean Bunny will finally be in a comic. It was said that the Ultra-Gorgon will be in it... I thought he was owned by The Jim Henson Company.

9. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

He is. Sometimes ya just get lucky sneaking one through!

Besides Boom has the Farscape liscence anyway so sneaking in a Henson cameo's not as sticky as a SW one. And they did get Sir Linit and a Skeksis in King Arthur.

10. muppzd

muppzd Well-Known Member

according to the Toughpigs interview there will be a seventh dwarf the Snider said that he liked the way he looked on the Jim Henson Hour but his personality was never defined any thoughts

11. edwardsinclair

edwardsinclair Well-Known Member

My immediate thought was - JHH + interesting look + Music (and not Clifford) = Digit.

12. minor muppetz

At first I thought maybe it was Beard, since he did say Beard will make an appearance (and his personality was less refined than Digit's). But it would be cool if it was Digit.

13. minor muppetz

I wonder when this mystery seventh dwarf will first appear (I'd expect issue 4, considering he or she supposedly won't have many lines, but I could be wrong).

I wonder if these comics will be filled with characters auditioning... When I first read the interview I thought that was stated, but then on repeated reading I realise it actually wasn't. But it was said that a lot of obscure characters will be in it, and I wouldn't have expected a Muppet version of Snow White to have many characters... Constant auditions is the only way I can think of to incorporate many characters.

Man, based on what I read, if I was doing the comic I'd have a scene with a line filled with characters who previously haven't been in any of the Boom! comics.

14. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Well-Known Member

Wow this comic sound epic! If it is my favorite Jim Henson hour Muppet Digit or even Leon I will lose it! haha Man These comics have been great but reading this today has really made me so happy as a Muppet fan!
    I keep thinking to myself, man if only they did like youtube mini-series of these comics with the actual Muppets people would go crazy!

15. Drtooth

So... is this still scheduled for April? King Arthur 4 comes out this month, and I don't know if you're gonna release all three or not. I can wait, myself... I still have to track down Family Reunion part one, and I want to have time to savor the 2 comics that come out this month.

Plus, usually when the last issue of a 4 part miniseries is due we hear announcements about something else... wonder if there's gonna be some surprise after Snow White. :D

16. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

That is so cool.

Kinda makes you wonder if she'd get through this without eating the apple, though, LOL.

17. Drtooth

I doubt Piggy would bother with fruit. :mad:

This cover really stands out, and it really has a feeling of a well illustrated children's book with a Disney/Muppet twist.

18. King Prawn

King Prawn Well-Known Member