Muppet Snow White

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And yes, Dwayne, this is the first time Lips has been in a comic.
Unless, of course, he end sup appearing in Muppet King Arthur or any of the Muppet Show Comic Book issues that come before Snow White.

Last summer I had started wondering how the casting would be doen for something like Snow White, which features both a female lead and a female villian. Miss Piggy could easily portray either role, but there aren't very many female muppets who'd be right for villianous roles (well, there are Taminella, Gladys, and Zhondra...).

When I first saw the cover I thought Piggy was playing two roles (similar to her roles in The Muppets' Wizard of Oz). Why do all female pigs have to be blonde as well? And why does Piggy have to have had so many different hair styles?

Anyway, I would have had Piggy play the queen (a castign choice that will be in the comic), Janice play Snow White, Floyd play Prince Charming while the rest of the band plays back-up/ drives him around, and I would have had Kermit play the leader of the dwarves.

But I like this arrangement. It's weird that we don't get to see all seven of them.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm placing my bet now. I bet there's going to be a running gag where we don't find out the identity of the seventh dwarf until the fourth installment.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking Clifford for the 7th. However Scooter could fill the slot. Maybe Rowlf. There's enough for a 7th.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm placing my bet now. I bet there's going to be a running gag where we don't find out the identity of the seventh dwarf until the fourth installment.
I'm betting on a Link or Hasslehog subplot...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Or of course the old "We just can't afford 7 dwarfs on the payroll" joke.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm betting on a Link or Hasslehog subplot...
Either of those characters would work great as the woodsman.

Or Sweetums could make a good woodsman.

Or Beauregard.

Hmm... At least in the Disney version, the woodmsan substitutes Snow White's heart with the heart of a pig... I wonder if any jokes regarding this will be put in the story (since Snow White WILL be a pig).

I'm only really familiar with the Disney version... Are the dwarves normally named Doc, Sleepy, Grumpy, Bashful, Dopey, Sneezy, and Happy, or is that just in the Disney version? Dr. Teeth coul obviously be Doc, and Zoot can be sleepy... But maybe Animal can be called Hungry, and either Floyd or Janice could be called Groovy.

Telly

Reaction score
I'm only really familiar with the Disney version... Are the dwarves normally named Doc, Sleepy, Grumpy, Bashful, Dopey, Sneezy, and Happy, or is that just in the Disney version?
Disney's version was the first time they were named.

Beauregard

Reaction score
To me, Lips looks like Sleepy (since his eyes are always shut!) But usually they are given other names in non-Disney versions of the story.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This one also to me looks a little more colorful then the others. They where kind of darker stroies so this should be an interesting sieries.

Aaron Sparrow

Reaction score
There will be open auditions held for our seventh dwarf.

And as for Spamela being the main character... c'mon, do you really think Piggy will allow that?

-A