Muppet Show outline- Sammy Davis Jr!

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
OPENING NUMBER: The Electric Mayhem (on their bus) sings “The Little Old Lady from Pasadena” while an old lady continually passes other cars (among them, Kermit & Fozzie in a Studebaker, Bo driving a taxi, Droop in a VW Beetle, and Uncle Deadly driving a hearse), all against back-projected footage along streets et al.
The Electric Mayhem's bus is just like the one in "The Muppet Movie". Right?

Which old lady is passing by? One of the members of Geri & the Atrics?

Is Kermit & Fozzie's studebaker like the one in "The Muppet Movie"?

And is Bo's taxi similar to the one in "The Great Muppet Caper"?

Are there any other muppets in vehicles in this number? If so, who?

BACKSTAGE: Miss Piggy is pursuing Kermit as usual. Kermit is trying to ignore her as he sends on the Musical Chairs (Jimmy and Fred, whom we can hear playing “Has Anybody Seen My Gal?” on brass instruments).
Are the musical chairs actually talking chair muppets?

SONG: “Candy Man”- Sammy sings in a candy factory. Along with him are: Fozzie (foreman); Gonzo (boss); Scooter (end of assembly line); the Swedish Chef (throws things in the machine, an alarm clock, a potato et al); Bunsen & Beaker (work on designs, work controls of machine); Crazy Harry (operates a switch that makes a loud BOOM and the product comes out); and Lew Zealand (carries materials). Some creatures, like the dancing slinky creatures from “Java” and the Snerfs are in the background (the Snerfs pop out of valves of the machine).
Which other creatures appear in this number?

Midway through the song, Sammy is joined by a chorus of four kids/babies.
The kids are what-nots. Right?

MUPPET NEWS: “A $5000 reward has been offered for the capture of a 700-lb. male Siberian tiger, which escaped from the local zoo just three hours ago. The tiger is said to have a large appetite and is extremely dangerous. Zookeeper Edwin Smithers cautioned that anyone who comes into contact with the tiger should avoid making loud noises, sudden movements, or wearing raw meat. Mr. Smithers also added that this particular tiger has a violent aversion to newscasters with glasses and brown checked coats. AHHHHH!”
Is the tiger Butch, the same tiger that appeared on the show regularly in the later seasons?

DRESSING ROOM: Sammy is chatting with Floyd and Dr. Teeth, and more band members start entering. More characters enter after that. Soon, the room is housing a rather large party!
Which other band members and other muppets enter the dressing room later on?

UK SPOT: “Bloody Red Baron”- the Muppets sing while engaged in various dogfights from WWI planes (listen for the cameo by Uncle Deadly)
Which muppets appear in this number?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Wrong.

Philip Kippel said:
Yes, a tambourinist.

Philip Kippel said:
Nope.

Philip Kippel said:
Yes.

Philip Kippel said:
Nope.

Philip Kippel said:
Nope.

Philip Kippel said:
A bird-type Fazoob, Food (from Saturday Night Live's first season), plus Droop and Shakey Sanchez.

Philip Kippel said:
Wrong, they're Bobby Benson's babies.

Philip Kippel said:
Is the tiger Butch, the same tiger that appeared on the show regularly in the later seasons?
Yes.

Philip Kippel said:
The Female Singers, Dixieland Band members from the Diana Ross episode, a Wolf, Snakes, Billy the Bear, penguins, cows, Shakey Sanchez, Boppity, and three Season 5 Frackles.

Philip Kippel said:
Various Whatnots as well as Boppity, Gloat, Beautful Day Monster, and Miss Kitty.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Yes, but smaller.

Yes, the guitar player. Same one from "Let Me Go, Lover" in the Alan Arkin episode.

Yes. Why else would I have put it in there?

Yes, but taxis are pretty much alike, are they not?

Just some Whatnots in ordinary cars.

Yes.

Actually that's all.

Bobby Benson's babies.

Uh-huh.

The whole band, plus Lew Zealand, penguins, Gonzo, rats, chickens, and Old Skyball Paint.

Whatnots plus Rowlf (filling in for Snoopy).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Philip Kippel

Who performed the following characters:

-the Geri & the Atrics guitar player
-Jimmy & Fred the Musical Chairs
-the tiger
-the Koozebanian Phlorph
-the penguins
-the rats
-the chickens
-Old Skyball Paint
-the whatnots in the UK Spot

And I suppose that Droop would be played by Jerry Nelson again and that Jim would be Mahna Mahna and Frank Oz would be the Snowths. Right?

And which specific alien, creature or monster puppet is used as the Koozebanian Phlorph.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:

-the tiger
-the Koozebanian Phlorph
-the penguins
-the rats
-the chickens
-Old Skyball Paint

And I suppose that Droop would be played by Jerry Nelson again and that Jim would be Mahna Mahna and Frank Oz would be the Snowths. Right?

And which specific alien, creature or monster puppet is used as the Koozebanian Phlorph.
Geri & The Atrics Guitar Player- Louise Gold
Jimmy & Fred Chairs- Jerry Nelson and Dave Goelz
Tiger- Brian Muehl
Koozebanian Phlorph- Richard Hunt
Penguins- various
Rats- various
Chickens- various
Old Skyball Paint- unknown
Whatnots in UK Skit- Frank Oz, Richard Hunt, Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, Brian Muehl, Steve Whitmire

The Phlorph is the same puppet as Dark Green Hunchback Frackle.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:

-the tiger
-the Koozebanian Phlorph
-the penguins
-the rats
-the chickens
-Old Skyball Paint
-the Geri & the Atrics guitar player: Kathy Mullen
-Jimmy & Fred the Musical Chairs: they don't talk
-the tiger: Brian Muehl
-the Koozebanian Phlorph: Dave
-the penguins: various
-the rats: various
-the chickens: various
-Old Skyball Paint: Dave
-the whatnots in the UK Spot: Jerry, Steve, Dave, Richard, Brian

I thought Frank played both Snowths. But yes, Jerry as Droop. In my outlines, always assume Droop is played by Jerry.

The fish-like Fazoob (furry and pink with green lips and fin).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
The whole band, plus Lew Zealand, penguins, Gonzo, rats, chickens, and Old Skyball Paint.
By "the whole band", you Are counting Lips, right?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Good Outline

This was a good outline. I really liked the Candy Man number. It should have been on the show. I also liked the news sketch.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I loved the candy man number and the end with Beaker turned into a giant candy bar taken by Sweetums:big_grin:
The Newsman sketch is priceless. Funny how the description of danger attraction always just so happens to fit that poor fall guy to the bill:smirk:

I must make special mention of this part though.
Gorgon Heap said:
UK SPOT: “Bloody Red Baron”- the Muppets sing while engaged in various dogfights from WWI planes (listen for the cameo by Uncle Deadly
This is an excellent song and the sequences of the planes are very vivid to the imagination. Presumably Uncle Deadly is to play the role of the Red Baron. Fitting choice. So there are at least two of your season 5 fan fics using Deadly. That's good. He was a wonderful character much missed in seasons 4 and 5.
Incidentally Gorgon this has reminded me of a thought I once had when I was a young teenager. There are actually a trilogy of these songs written.
Snoopy versus the Red Baron, the Return of the Red Baron and Snoopy's Christmas which ends in the baron and Snoopy having a drink of champagne for the season.
Well I always thought that all three of those songs could have been on a muppet show episode. The Opening number, the Middle number and the Closing number respectively. They could have cast Rowlf as Snoopy(after all what other muppet dog could be more appropriate?) and a male guest star as the Red Baron.
If I get my first outline perfectly sorted out and extended a little I would love to try something like this in my second one if I can think of a male guest who could be conceived in the Baron's role of course.
My compliments on your own outline and thank you for inadvertently giving me my own inspiration Dave.:smile: