Muppet Show DVD's. R1 or R2?

Drew

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting the Muppet Show on DVD, but I can't decide on if I should get the Region 1 versions or the Region 2's. They both look quite different.

To me it seems that there are more R1 DVD's out (6) than the there are of the R2 version (only 3 DVD's out), and also it looks like the R1 DVD's have full epsiodes on whereas the R2 DVD are more like clip shows.

Which one do you guys think I should go for? Got any comments about either?

Thanks.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I don't really have any of those but If I were u I would go for the full episodes. I have most of the US verisons of the Muppet show on Video and DVD. So I would go for the first one u mentioned.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I belive its the serie "The Very best Of The Muppet Show" that you are refering to. They contain some very special stuff like "Of muppets and men" Behind the scenes special on The Muppet Show.
And the DVD that are going to be released very soon contains "A Celebration of 30 years". So they are worth getting.
You can also buy the HMV set with 4 discs, containing 28 episodes http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=286;5;-1;-1&sku=121432

Cheebo

Reaction score
The USA one has a lot more DVD's than that, We have 15 with 45 episodes and we have 5 more dvds planned to come out

anathema

Reaction score
The R2 discs are PAL, which is the format the show was made in. The R1 discs are NTSC, which means they've been converted from PAL. Having seen the R1 discs, I can say that while the conversions aren't bad, they certainly aren't great. Of course, you'll always get a better image from the original video format :smile:

The ones to avoid like the plague are the UK releases of the Time-Life tapes - they've actually been converted *back* from the NTSC US releases, and they look appalling!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, I get it. You're saying volumes 16 - 20 are only available in the UK, not the US.

anathema

Reaction score
Time-Life's vols 16-20 aren't available anywhere.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay, then it seems like the only one I'm missing is volume 6, but I'll shut up about that for now. I seem to be getting on Jedi's nerves. Lol.

jediX

Reaction score
No you're not, I just don't see why you didn't complain to T/L about not getting the volume! lol