Muppet Sets

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
I came across this web link for a theatre site that says they have Muppet Sets.
http://www.roanoke.com/extra/wb/37447

This is the only real Muppet part of the article worth reading, the rest is about the theatre itself in Virginia.

"...The bottom floor of the warehouse is crammed with old sets from forgotten New York operas and made-for-TV movies. And -- yes --the Muppets: "They were very kind to us," Ferguson said. The sets, which the couple brought here from New Jersey in 10 trucks, will be pressed into service as needed when the theater begins producing works of its own."

It's surprising they would have these sets, you would think that shows (and their lawyers) would want to destroy sets after a production is over, (so they don't end up on Ebay for example). Also Muppet sets are something like 3/4 normal size, to small for the stage. I can't picture how a theatre would use these, unless they are starting their own puppet troop.

doctort13

Reaction score
I wonder what they plan to do with the sets?

It's an interesting article, I wish them luck.

Frogster

Reaction score
It does sound really cool... I hope this works out for them

Frogster

Reaction score
The set size would be a problem, though; hopefully they could work around it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I sent them a link to this site. I hope they can offer up some photos somewhere of the sets! :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Love your work:smile: It will be great to look at.There had been some questions about scale, but then again the Muppets work with human stars around them.:wink:

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
I came across this web link for a theatre site that says they have Muppet Sets.
http://www.roanoke.com/extra/wb/37447

This is the only real Muppet part of the article worth reading, the rest is about the theatre itself in Virginia.

"...The bottom floor of the warehouse is crammed with old sets from forgotten New York operas and made-for-TV movies. And -- yes --the Muppets: "They were very kind to us," Ferguson said. The sets, which the couple brought here from New Jersey in 10 trucks, will be pressed into service as needed when the theater begins producing works of its own."

It's surprising they would have these sets, you would think that shows (and their lawyers) would want to destroy sets after a production is over, (so they don't end up on Ebay for example). Also Muppet sets are something like 3/4 normal size, to small for the stage. I can't picture how a theatre would use these, unless they are starting their own puppet troop.
It's actually not that surprising at all, my buddy Chris knows a couple in CT who have the Dog City and Pigs In Space sets. They just called up JHC and got them for free believe it or not. Probably the same thing with these people. But anyways, all these sets are saved and stored usually.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
PIGS IN SPACE SET?! AAUUGGHH!! He's just GOTTA get pictures for us! I love that sketch!

I got an email from the theater and basically the sets are in pieces but are from the Alien in the Family series.

Hi Kevin,
We got the whole TV set of their "Aliens in the Family"... including Bobots nursery. But it's all in parts and pieces and we'd have to piece and rebuild everything together to get a sense of the original set. We just don't have the time or space to do so for pictures at this point. Sorry.
They are wonderfully kind people there and we've used various pieces again and again on our stage.
hope to see you when we get open.
Karon Sue
----- Original Message -----
To: Star City Playhouse
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 5:11 PM
Subject: Web question from StarCityPlayhouse.org

Question from: Kevin Williams

Question: Hi, You have some support here. Folks would also like to see photos, if you can, of any MuppetSets you might have. Thanks, Kev ============= http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=22787

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
PIGS IN SPACE SET?! AAUUGGHH!! He's just GOTTA get pictures for us! I love that sketch!
Already ahead of you Kevin, I emailed him about seeing the sets and getting pictures. He sent me their phone number and told me to tell them he had given it to me. So hopefully I'll have some pictures to show you all soon. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
Already ahead of you Kevin, I emailed him about seeing the sets and getting pictures. He sent me their phone number and told me to tell them he had given it to me. So hopefully I'll have some pictures to show you all soon. :smile:

YOU ROCK!!!!!