Lemonzinger
Member
- Joined
- Nov 4, 2003
- Messages
- 20
- Reaction score
- 0
Hi all,
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, and I apologize if it has, but I recently purchased a 2 DVD set from Madacy Entertainment called "TV Favorites: Classic Commercials".
It features over 3-1/2 hours of commercials from the 40's to the 70's.
Now, the quality of these spots is not always mind-blowing, but the list price (about 10-12 bucks) makes it quite the steal, especially considering it has muppet ties.
First and most obviously muppet-related is the Wilkins coffee commercial which is on disc one. When I first watched this DVD, I was totally in shock when I saw that one.
The second disc has a Cool Whip commercial featuring Loretta Long from Sesame Street.
I would recommend this set to anyone interested in TV history. It's really a fun set at a good price. Plus, you get to see Barney Rubble and Fred Flinstone as spokesmen for Winston cigarettes!
Anyway, I'm getting off track here, but I though you'd like to know...
Rich
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, and I apologize if it has, but I recently purchased a 2 DVD set from Madacy Entertainment called "TV Favorites: Classic Commercials".
It features over 3-1/2 hours of commercials from the 40's to the 70's.
Now, the quality of these spots is not always mind-blowing, but the list price (about 10-12 bucks) makes it quite the steal, especially considering it has muppet ties.
First and most obviously muppet-related is the Wilkins coffee commercial which is on disc one. When I first watched this DVD, I was totally in shock when I saw that one.
The second disc has a Cool Whip commercial featuring Loretta Long from Sesame Street.
I would recommend this set to anyone interested in TV history. It's really a fun set at a good price. Plus, you get to see Barney Rubble and Fred Flinstone as spokesmen for Winston cigarettes!
Anyway, I'm getting off track here, but I though you'd like to know...
Rich
Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
FIFA World Cup 2026 Final Halftime Show
The Muppet Show
Sesame Street Classics on YouTube
Back to the Rock Season 2
Sesame Street debuts on Netflix
Sam and Friends Book
Jim Henson Idea Man
Bear arrives on Disney+