Muppet Productions Ranked

Old Thunder

Reaction score
34. Muppets From Space
Average Score: 6/10
Movies 1/8

@LittleJerry92 called it. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Muppets From Space doesn't deserve the criticism it's received. It is easily the best Muppet movie apart from the first one. The vibe is excellent, the characters are well done, there are lots of laughs - I don't get why everyone seems to dislike it. It ends up last place in our countdown from the eight official Muppet films.

This one actually tied with Letters To Santa, but I broke the tie via an extra vote for 8, as 9 and 10 had the same number of votes (zero and one, respectively).

Choice comments:
Muppets From Space definitely had a few things going for it, and had some strong moments...but the few strong moments didn't carry the movie through the rest of the very uneven spots.
I walked out of MFS not caring if I ever saw another Muppet movie at all.
This movie is really funny .
I personaly put it LOW down on my list of favorites, but it beats KSY anyday.
I thought it was great! I loved the choice to go with hardcore funk throughout the entire movie, and I don't think it was too much of a departure for them.
It's a pretty good movie. not as good as classic Muppet Movies, but certainly a bit more fun that MCC... and a little more fun than MTI... though that one I rully liked!
I really think the idea for Muppets from Space was cute and I do like the movie.
I personally did not agree with that decision. It took away the mystery and joke of Gonzo's character. We're always wondering what Gonzo is and that's funny. And we don't necessarily want to get an answer. It's like when you build up a joke and it's hilarious...until you get to the punchline. The punchline is often not as funny as the mystery of the build up.
Yeah, while I think Muppets From Space is a great movie, I never really liked the whole "Gonzo being an alien" thing. That's why I still refer to him as a "whatever"
I really enjoyed Muppets From Space - more than almost anyone I know. And I don't object to Gonzo being an alien, but, yeah - just like everyone else has said, being a "whatever" seems a lot closer to the Muppets' spirit, and, frankly, like just a funnier and more interesting gag for the character.
Muppets From Space is awesome.
Votes:
10 - 1
9 - 0
8 - 2
7 - 3
6 - 3
5 - 4
4 - 0
3 - 1
2 - 1
1 - 0

Overall:
34. Muppets From Space
35. A Muppets Christmas: Letters To Santa
36. The Great Santa Claus Switch
37. Kermit's Swamp Years
38. It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
39. From the Balcony
40. Little Muppet Monsters
41. The Muppets' Wizard of Oz
42. Lady Gaga and the Muppets Holiday Spectacular
43. Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
44. Studio DC: Almost Live

Groupings:
Movies 1/8
TV Series 1/8
Direct-to-Video Releases 1/2
Television Films 2/2 (5.04 avg.)
Television Specials 5/22
Web Series 1/2

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I knew it would get the low spot.

Personally I think maybe it would have done better if it was a TV movie, but considering the very Muppet Christmas movie gets ragged on too, maybe not .

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I love Muppets from Space! I just wish we got the Jerry Jules version. I thought Rizzo and Pepe were great, as well as Bobo. The only thing is lacking is Frank Oz's characters. Which I can kind of look over esspcslly since this was just the beginning of the mis writing for his characters.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
33. The Jim Henson Hour
Average Score: 6.23/10
TV Series 2/8

Our second TV series falls to the wayside in the shape of The Jim Henson Hour. A couple people loved it, one person hated it, a few thought it was below average and others thought it was above. The voting peaked at 7 here.

For my part, I saw one episode and that was enough. Far too confusingly inane for my taste.

Choice comments:
I remember when the Jim Henson Hour was airing, I didn't understand that it was a TV series. I just thought there was an unusual amount of Muppet specials that year! Lol
It seemed like a great show~ too bad it came on 20 years ago...~
I was lucky, as I got to see the very first episode the night it premiered. I had already been a diehard Muppet fan for a decade and had gotten bored of the TMS reruns by then. I was just so taken and blown away, the whole "cyber" look of it. Digit(still one of my fave all time Muppets), Leon, Lindhberg, Zondra, Chip, etc. LOVED all those guys. I even still have the official Jim Henson Hour lunchbox!
It truly was an under appreciated program (NBC's fault. It's like they pretended it was on another network). Dog City has always been a favorite of mine...
Personally, I never really cared for it as much as "The Muppet Show" but "The Storyteller" segments were well done.
LOVED IT!!
Votes:
10 - 1
9 - 1
8 - 2
7 - 4
6 - 1
5 - 0
4 - 2
3 - 1
2 - 0
1 - 1

Overall:
33. The Jim Henson Hour
34. Muppets From Space
35. A Muppets Christmas: Letters To Santa
36. The Great Santa Claus Switch
37. Kermit's Swamp Years
38. It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
39. From the Balcony
40. Little Muppet Monsters
41. The Muppets' Wizard of Oz
42. Lady Gaga and the Muppets Holiday Spectacular
43. Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
44. Studio DC: Almost Live

Groupings:
Movies 1/8
TV Series 2/8
Direct-to-Video Releases 1/2
Television Films 2/2 (5.04 avg.)
Television Specials 5/22
Web Series 1/2

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Muppets Take Manhatten I could only watch every now and then as a kid ("It's Time for Saying Goodbye" was very difficult for me to watch back then).