Muppet parody puppets on Crank Yankers

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well elmo kinda scares me...so i would probably laugh really hard at a mean elmo

Sarah

Super Scooter

Reaction score
"Elmo knows where you live!"

Just let the Simpsons, or whoever, have fun. They can pick on the Muppets if they like! They're Muppet fans anyway! Most people who pick on Muppets (though not all) are Muppet fans. Someone once told me "We only pick on you because we like you."

And, the Crank Yankers puppets DO look pretty good. They don't look cheaply made, in my eyes. I don't really like the show, but, even I have to admit this.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
There were replicas of Big Bird, Miss Piggy, and Kermit the Frog in Crank Yankers. Miss Piggy and Kermit were making love and Big Bird was hacking a cigarette outside a building named 321. Has anyone else seen this?--------------------
I've seen the Big Bird one last night! eek! He looked evil! It scared the dash dash dash dash outta me!

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey gang,
First off, I think this thread is mistitled. These are not replicas, as such things are replicating the originals, not just imitating them. I got all excited about someone possibly owning one, or hearing news of Disney letting them get made or something. Anyways, as far as the Crank Yankers are concerned, I saw it, one day, with the 123 building, and realized it was a shot at Sesame, but then they had Kermit and Piggy. Besides not making sense, what occured would certainly not be considered "making love" by any stretch of the imagination. Either way, it was a really base-level obvious joke that any ten year-old could have come up with, not funny, and just being crude for the sake of crudity. The Simpsons' use, however, was funny and clever, and I think it does depend on how the joke is handled, for it to be rightly accepted by fans. Sure you can just act like everyone just needs to "take a joke", but seriously, jokes tend to be funny. Whether the Crank Yankers people like the Muppets or not does not justify such blatant, immature use of the characters' likenesses, especially when their show would never existed without Jim Henson, in that they entirely copy that puppeteering style. Sorry to rant, but just thought I'd speak my opinion. Thanks for listening.

-Squigiman

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
With the new Henson-Disney deal you think this might happen (a little bit)
less? Then again, they make fun of Disney too... :sympathy:

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
In the Simpson episode, Big Bird was potrayed as danger Raptor like animal that could fly. Oscar: "Give Us The Money". Elmo: "Elmo knows where you live!". I love that line. Mmmph Line.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I already posted this over in the puppetry forum, but speaking of Muppet parodies/replicas ~ http://www.bear-town.com/backstage_pages/video_berniechess.htm (the video on the page may take a few minutes to load if you have a slow connection).

This is an old clip from something I was involved with back around `98.
Hey that pig would really look like Peter Mansbridge if you were to get him suit coat and a few tufts of hair just over the ears. Post a pic or 2 of him when your done Buck. Pleeeeease