Muppet Pairings: Your Favorite Duo

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I also like the Rowlf and Fozzie pairing. It's still Jim and Frank at their best I feel, much like Kermit and Fozzie. I just think it's funny because Rowlf is so good at the one liners Fozzie can't seem to ever get right, lol. The two of them together usually equals comedy gold for me! The I Got Rhythm sketch from TMS is one of my favorites!

Drtooth

Reaction score
There are just too many great duos on the Muppet show to choose just one. And let's not forget dous on other projects. Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, even Dinosuars has great duo moments (Earl and B.P, Earl and Ethel, Earl and Baby... Mostly Earl and someone else... and Robbie and Spike).

But I have to say, my favorite duo would be Statler and Waldorf. What drives them? Why do they always show up? Do they get a thrill out of heckling? Do they make people feel small on purpose, or do they just like to complain about things, like other grouchy old men?

In a close second place, Bunsen and Beaker. Now, like almost every duo, it follows Jim's original comedic intentions. One short stubby guy, one uptight tall thin guy. much like Ernie and Bert... but Ernie is more sadistic, and Beaker's uptightness stems from fear of whatever Bunsen has up his sleeve. Bunsen clearly isn't in it for the amuzement of having Beaker get blown up. he really feels that he is making the world a better place. And something tells me Beaker feels that way too.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
For Fraggle Rock, I'd say nothing beats Boober and Wembley. They're so great for each other.

Then again, I also like the sort of Laurel and Hardy team that Junior and Pa Gorg are.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Statler and Waldorf would be number one.. until The Muppets' Wizard of Oz, everything that came out of their mouths was hilarious :sleep: :boo: .. and their song was the highlight of The Muppet Christmas Carol.. Dave and Jerry did a wonderful job picking up for Jim and Richard

Second would be Johnny and Sal, the best new muppets to come out of Muppets Tonight!, and I'm very glad they've stuck around to join the whole group

anytimepally

Reaction score
Gonzo & Camilla haven't been seen much together lately. Has Gonzo left Camilla? Has he grown out of his infatuation with chickens? I hope not.
they appeared at the end of It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and Camilla was the reason Gonzo wanted a heart in The Muppets' Wizard of Oz, so I'd guess they're still together :concern:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kermit & Fozzie
Earl & Roy
Hoggle & Didymus
Pepe & Rizzo
Gonzo & Rizzo
Gonzo & Camilla
Oscar & Maria
Big Bird & Snuffy
Gobo & Red
Boober & Wembley
Philo & Gunge
Pepe & Bitterman
Robbie & Spike
Kermit & Robin
Piggy & Nikki

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Well my favourite is pretty much anything where Jerry and Louise got paired together (as the often have done in musical numbers) from Cowboy Jerry & Lou-The-Jugband-Lady on TMS to the toruist rats on Muppet Treasure Island. (including along the way pairings on The Secret Life Of Toys, and, several on Sesame Street).
But if I was to pick just one of their multitude of pairs, well it has to be Sesame Street's Herry Monster and Louisey.