Muppet Newsman at Muppets.com

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Has anybody seen the new news reports? They are awesome. He's back!

I think Steve Whitmire is the performer, but I'm guessing; he's brought us back the greatest news reporter since Walter Cronkite!

Or, Kermit on Sesame Street News...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes that is Steve, and yes the Newsman is really back. We asked Jim Lewis about the newsman a few times and he says that he still has plenty of ideas for the Newsman, and to keep watch for them.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I actually think that overall the Muppet News Flashes on muppets.com are some of the all time best - surpassing those from the original TMS - they're certainly among my favorite of the newer material done for the site!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea I think the Muppet news flash on the website really almost brings back the Muppet Show aspect. Now if they would just have some more Pigs in Space or some Chef stuff throw in a few monsters and Muppet Labs then you have yourself a Muppet Show website kind of.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Steve is awesome in the role of The Muppet Newsman! Good going! I also heard a voice he did once as Kermit being proper, and it sounded a heckuva lot like Link Hogthrob. I would LOVE to see new Pigs in Space stuff. I agree, this stuff with the Newsman is awesomest of all!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well again Steve did the voice of Link in Muppet Party Cruise video game, and it sounded almost dead on to Jim's voice.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I hadn't paid any attention to the video games, of course, because I don't have game systems. But, thanks for sharing that with me. I think we need some Muppets from Space!

Diz! You listening?