Muppet Movie Rights Questions

Gonzo14

Reaction score
so for Productions that mixed characters, such as the 30 Years Special, Celebrating Jim Henson, etc. Couldn't they just get it cleared with the different companies that own Sesame Street, Muppets, Fraggles etc?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
so for Productions that mixed characters, such as the 30 Years Special, Celebrating Jim Henson, etc. Couldn't they just get it cleared with the different companies that own Sesame Street, Muppets, Fraggles etc?
Attempts have been made. Supposedly, Craig Shemin fought to use Kermit on Emmett Otter's DVD, but Disney wouldn't let them.

Odd considering they lent Kermit out for Mr. Magorium's Wonder Empoium

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Attempts have been made. Supposedly, Craig Shemin fought to use Kermit on Emmett Otter's DVD, but Disney wouldn't let them.
Craig Shemin produces DVDs? I didn't know that.

Is it safe to assume that Kermit is absent from The Christmas Toy on DVD as well? I saw that was in a double pack with EOJBC at Walmart.
Odd considering they lent Kermit out for Mr. Magorium's Wonder Empoium
Well, let's see... Dustin Hoffman... Natalie Portman... Jason Bateman... yeah, with Kermit in a blockbuster, that'd mean more money for them. But that movie sucked anyway, and no, I'm not going into the Kathy Greenwood let go rant again.