MUPPET MOVIE AND GMC DVD's RELEASED!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Buddy is still with Henson but co-owned with Sony, same with Elmo in Grouchland with Sesame Workshop and co-owend with Sony! Just like MFS and MTM is co-owend now with Disney/MHC and Sony. :zany: The MS (Muppet Studios) logo is before all the other logo's on all 4 of the new Disney Muppet dvds.
I knew all that. I was just wondering outloud if the Jim Henson Pictures logo (with Kermit) was still being used in repeats of those movies or if it was edited or replaced.

cabbageheat

Reaction score
oh well

I must be pulling up deep, memories of this film I guess. That whole "grasshopper" bit, in some way or another, sounds familiar. I wish I knew how or when I saw it. Obviously when I was younger, but now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing it in any other release. I'm going crazy.

Even if they did, there are too many other references, as noted, about alcohol to even warrant some kind of edit of one line. so, i guess it doesn't matter. though i do not use drugs, I swear sometimes I'm on them. :rolleyes:

However, this being the 50th anniversary edition of this classic movie, I have to admit, I'm not excited at all with the so called "special features". Widescreen and Full screen. . .are not special features. Surely there was more to this movie?

It feels like they planned for his 50th birthday/celebration, only last week or something. This DVD seems poorly put together. Was there "nothing", not a single item/interview/behind the scenes piece to put on this? Common, where is this stuff? Jim Henson, George Lucas and Spielberg were very good at documenting everything back then, and I can't belive there isn't a shred of it on this so called robust edition.

not the best celebration I've seen, or the best release of a DVD.

oh well.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
cabbageheat said:
Disney has now taken the liberty to actually cut out kermits line about "grasshoppers" when he heads into the bar?
I don't think Kermit's "grasshoppers" line was in the original TMM either. I know it is on "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along" on the album though. I think it might've been cut or edited when the movie was first released, because on my VHS of TMM Kermit does not have the "grasshopper" line.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
cabbageheat said:
I must be pulling up deep, memories of this film I guess. That whole "grasshopper" bit, in some way or another, sounds familiar. I wish I knew how or when I saw it. Obviously when I was younger, but now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing it in any other release. I'm going crazy.
Did you see it in the theatres when it was released? Someone else posted that this line is in the soundtrack. I have the soundtrack but don't remember this line, although I haven't listened to it in at least three years, and my copy is the 1993 reissue (not sure if the reissue had any changes to any of the album contents). I have read that the song has more lyrics in the soundtrack that aren't in the movie. I have read that the extended version of the song was included in the u.k. release but not the u.s. release, and the first u.k. video release has the movie presented exactly as it was in theatres in the u.k. Of course, some of the songs on the album had slight differences from how they were sung in the movie (Moving Right Along has some spoken dialogue not in the movie, cuts some of the scenes most memorable moments, and also includes an extra verse not in the movie, and the reprise of The rainbow Connection includes Fozzie singing one of kermits lines as well as Kermit singing a bit longer before the entire cast joins him), so maybe the line was just recorded for the soundtrack and the person who supplied info on this scene at the internet movie database thought it was in the original release.

cabbageheat said:
However, this being the 50th anniversary edition of this classic movie, I have to admit, I'm not excited at all with the so called "special features". Widescreen and Full screen. . .are not special features. Surely there was more to this movie?

It feels like they planned for his 50th birthday/celebration, only last week or something. This DVD seems poorly put together. Was there "nothing", not a single item/interview/behind the scenes piece to put on this? Common, where is this stuff? Jim Henson, George Lucas and Spielberg were very good at documenting everything back then, and I can't belive there isn't a shred of it on this so called robust edition.
I have read that the main reason that there weren't more features is because the discs all have both widescreen and full frame versions on the same side, which took up room that could have been given to more features (and Disney didn't think that these were worth making as two-disc sets). I think Disney also planned on including some original documentaries but there wasn't any extra room. I've read that the Pepe's profiles lasted around 6 minutes. If there was no Pepe's Profile, then maybe there would have been room for the original trailers (I don't know how long they lasted, but I'm guessing at least one minute) and maybe some deleted scenes. I think there would have been room for Muppet Morsels and/ or commentary.

I'm sure that, even if there weren't any special behind the scenes footage filmed for the first two movies (they didn't have behind the scenes specials for these movies, and in The secrets of The Muppets, when Jim henson explains how the muppets rode bicycles, we only saw clips while he explained in vocie over, without any behind the scenes footage shown), there are probably outtakes, and I know that behind the scenes photos exist. i have read that Jim Henson kept detailed notes on all of his projects, and that he kept all of his notes, storyboards, and scripts.

getup

Reaction score
i'm just so disappointed with the decisions they made with these dvds. they call them anniversary editions...but what good are they when the previous discs were packed with more stuff than these. the only thing right about any of these dvds is the widescreen...why on earth they thought they needed to include the fullscreen version along with it...on the same disc at that, is beyond me. why would they scrap all of the previous special features to be able to include a fullscreen version of the film. if they really wanted to keep the full screen, why not treat these like they do with most of the other disney releases and have full screen on disc 2...and have each disc with different features. the muppets are getting the shaft and that saddens me. i had such high hopes for these dvds. but now i think they're embarrassing. i sure hope they do come out with some "special editions" in the future...but REAL ones.