Muppet Moments That Scared You As a Kid

Harleena

Reaction score
Any Muppet Moments that scared you when you were little? For me, it was basically just all of Fraggle Rock, and the Flying Monkeys in Muppets Wizard of Oz.

Harleena

Reaction score
However, I happened to see one Muppet Show sketch as a kid. This was Marisa Berenson singing "Our House". For whatever reason, I loved it.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
-The whole Alice Cooper episode.
-The Yip-Yips on Sesame Street.
-Uncle Deadly (Even though I think he's funny now).
-All of Elmo Says Boo.

The orange creature with green hair at 0:41 used to scared me:

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Here are some of mine:

-Sesame Street's Guy Smiley (you try explaining his enthusiastic tone of voice to a 1-to-2-year-old)
-Any time any Muppet production (or cartoon, for that matter) uses a camera move TVTropes defines as "Eating the Camera"--but only when a character's uvula (the teardrop-shaped piece seen hanging from the roof of a character's mouth) is shown, which made me very scared when characters burst into song since it's one of the most common instances where this trope has been used.
-When Gonzo accidentally set Rizzo on fire in The MCC (you're speaking to a pyrophobe here because of it), and also the gunpowder chase in MTI

Grovette

Reaction score
Sweetums. :grr:
Strange because I didn't find him scary back when I watched him on the shows or movies. Just ended up having frequent nightmares about him when I was a kid.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
the scene in the Muppets take Manhattan, when Kermit gets hit by a car, that scared me as a kid.

Harleena

Reaction score
For some reason, the scene in Cinderelmo where he falls out of the armor suit made me cry as a kid.