Muppet Guys Talking: The Book coming in November

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's just been announced on both the Muppet Guys Talking website, the Muppet Guys Talking Facebook and Twitter pages, and Frank Oz's Twitter that Muppet Guys Talking will now be a book coming this November, titled "Muppet Guys Talking: The Book".

According to the site, "If you liked Muppet Guys Talking, then you'll love Muppet Guys Talking: The Book. With chapters on every major production Jim Henson worked on - and some beyond - Muppet Guys Talking: The Book will transcribe quotes from the people who worked on the various projects. Many "Muppet Guys" have been interviewed for the book, talking about just about everything. The book will include quotes from Frank Oz (Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Cookie Monster), Dave Goelz (Gonzo, Boober Fraggle), Bill Barretta (Pepe the Prawn, the current Rowlf and Dr. Teeth), Fran Brill (Zoe, Prairie Dawn), Matt Vogel (the current Kermit the Frog, Coutn von Count, and Caroll Spinney's understudy for Big Bird), Peter Linz (Walter), David Rudman (Cookie Monster, Baby Bear, Scooter), Julliane Buescher (Yolanda), Steve Whitmire (Rizzo the Rat, Kermit from 1990-2016), Brian Henson (Sal Manilla, Hoggle), Kevin Clash (Elmo, Clifford, Baby Sinclair), Caroll Spinney (Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch), Eric Jacobson (current performer of the characters originated by Frank Oz), Martin P. Robinson (Telly Monster, Snuffleupags), Joey Mazzarino (Murray Monster), Brian Meehl (original performer of Barkley and Telly Monster), Noel McNeil (Bear), Kathy Mullen (Mokey Fraggle), Karen Prell (Red Fraggle),Paul Williams (songwriter, The Muppet Movie), Brett McKenzie (songwriter, The Muppets and Muppets Most Wanted), James Bobin (director, The Muppets and Muppets Most Wanted), Joseph A. Bailey (Muppet writer), James Frawley (director, The Muppet Movie), Tim Hill (director, Muppets from Space), Bob McGrath (Bob of Sesame Street), Roscoe Orman (Gordon of Sesame Street), Alan Muraoka (Alan of Sesame Street), Chris Knowlings (Chris of Sesame Street), Christopher Cerf (songwriter, Sesame Street), Stephanie D'Abruzzo (the current Prairie Dawn), Camille Kampouris, John Lovelady (former puppet builder and performer), and Ryan Dillion (the current Elmo), as well as archival quotes from the late Jim Henson, Jane Henson (wife of Jim Henson), Jerry Nelson (Floyd, The Count, Gobo), Richard Hunt (Scooter, Beaker), Jerry Juhl (writer), Jon Stone (Sesame Street director, writer, and executive producer), Joe Raposo (songwriter, Sesame Street), and Jeff Moss (songwriter, Sesame Street), making this upcoming book a must-have for all fans of Jim Henson and the Muppets."

APRIL FOOLS!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
i would have actually read this but whatever

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
It's just been announced on both the Muppet Guys Talking website, the Muppet Guys Talking Facebook and Twitter pages, and Frank Oz's Twitter that Muppet Guys Talking will now be a book coming this November, titled "Muppet Guys Talking: The Book".

According to the site, "If you liked Muppet Guys Talking, then you'll love Muppet Guys Talking: The Book. With chapters on every major production Jim Henson worked on - and some beyond - Muppet Guys Talking: The Book will transcribe quotes from the people who worked on the various projects. Many "Muppet Guys" have been interviewed for the book, talking about just about everything. The book will include quotes from Frank Oz (Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Cookie Monster), Dave Goelz (Gonzo, Boober Fraggle), Bill Barretta (Pepe the Prawn, the current Rowlf and Dr. Teeth), Fran Brill (Zoe, Prairie Dawn), Matt Vogel (the current Kermit the Frog, Coutn von Count, and Caroll Spinney's understudy for Big Bird), Peter Linz (Walter), David Rudman (Cookie Monster, Baby Bear, Scooter), Julliane Buescher (Yolanda), Steve Whitmire (Rizzo the Rat, Kermit from 1990-2016), Brian Henson (Sal Manilla, Hoggle), Kevin Clash (Elmo, Clifford, Baby Sinclair), Caroll Spinney (Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch), Eric Jacobson (current performer of the characters originated by Frank Oz), Martin P. Robinson (Telly Monster, Snuffleupags), Joey Mazzarino (Murray Monster), Brian Meehl (original performer of Barkley and Telly Monster), Noel McNeil (Bear), Kathy Mullen (Mokey Fraggle), Karen Prell (Red Fraggle),Paul Williams (songwriter, The Muppet Movie), Brett McKenzie (songwriter, The Muppets and Muppets Most Wanted), James Bobin (director, The Muppets and Muppets Most Wanted), Joseph A. Bailey (Muppet writer), James Frawley (director, The Muppet Movie), Tim Hill (director, Muppets from Space), Bob McGrath (Bob of Sesame Street), Roscoe Orman (Gordon of Sesame Street), Alan Muraoka (Alan of Sesame Street), Chris Knowlings (Chris of Sesame Street), Christopher Cerf (songwriter, Sesame Street), Stephanie D'Abruzzo (the current Prairie Dawn), Camille Kampouris, John Lovelady (former puppet builder and performer), and Ryan Dillion (the current Elmo), as well as archival quotes from the late Jim Henson, Jane Henson (wife of Jim Henson), Jerry Nelson (Floyd, The Count, Gobo), Richard Hunt (Scooter, Beaker), Jerry Juhl (writer), Jon Stone (Sesame Street director, writer, and executive producer), Joe Raposo (songwriter, Sesame Street), and Jeff Moss (songwriter, Sesame Street), making this upcoming book a must-have for all fans of Jim Henson and the Muppets."

APRIL FOOLS!
Can see it happening in the future but well played

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Well, I forgot it was April Fools until BlakeConor14's thread. But yeah well played.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought up this April Fools post a few weeks ago. I was actually thinking about making the post about a sequel to Muppet Guys Talking titled "More Muppet Guys Talking", which would have again featured Frank Oz, Dave Goelz, Bill Barretta, and Fran Brill, but also Steve Whitmire, Kevin Clash, Brian Henson, Eric Jacobson, Matt Vogel, Peter Linz, Rickey Boyd, Martin Robinson, and Caroll Spinney, my announcement idea wouldn't have been for them all to be there together at once but for Oz to have multiple sessions discussing their work with different groups of people (perhaps Jacobson, Vogel, Linz, and maybe Whitmire and Robinson could be grouped in sessions talking about being recast as major characters) and there could have been a few one-on-one conversations between Oz and a few select performers.

And I also thought about posting about a fictitious contest for a documentary called "Muppet Fans Talking", where a few select fans would be selected to meet with Frank Oz and talk about the works of Jim Henson (I feel like the webmasters for Tough Pigs and The Muppet Mindset would have to be a given for such a thing, but the rest of us could do a contest to see which fans would be best).

And today, after posting this, I thought it'd be cool to have Oz, Brian Henson, James Bobin, James Frawley, Tim Hill, and maybe also Ken Kwapis and Gary Havelson (I might have that name wrong, this is actually the first time I've written his name) for "Muppet Directors Talking", talking about what it was like to direct the movies (and when I wrote the post, I wasn't planning to have James Frawley or Tim Hill announced to be "involved" but then thought why not - and it does seem a bit more April Fools-y)..

In my mind, this fictional book would be similar to the Saturday Night Live "Live from New York" book that contains interview quotes from the majority of the shows cast and crew. I remember when I first read that book, I thought it'd be cool if there could be a Muppet Show or Sesame Street book like that. I guess with Muppet Guys Talking being so current the idea came back only for it to be about the works of Jim Henson in general.

A good (and realistic) idea for chapters for the book:
  • Sam and Friends (most of this would have to be archival quotes from Jim and Jane, maybe the surviving people could talk about it based on what they've seen and know)
  • Commercials and Early Television Appearances (1054-1070)
  • Time Piece and Experimental Films
  • Sesame Street (including the movies, specials, spin-offs, and so on)
  • Hey Cinderella
  • The Great Santa Claus Switch
  • Television Appearances (1971-1990)
  • The Frog Prince
  • The Muppet Musicians of Bremen
  • Saturday Night Live
  • Muppet Meeting Films
  • The Muppet Show
  • Emmett Otter's Jug-Band Christmas
  • The Muppet Movie
  • John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together
  • The Great Muppet Caper
  • The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show
  • Rocky Mountain Holiday
  • The Dark Crystal
  • Fraggle Rock
  • The Muppets Take Manhattan
  • Tale of the Bunny Picnic
  • The Christmas Toy and Secret Life of Toys
  • Labyrinth
  • A Muppet Famiyl Christmas
  • The Story Teller
  • The Jim Henson Hour
  • The Muppets at Walt Disney World
  • Muppet Vision 3D
  • Jim Henson's memorial service
  • Post-Jim film and television projects (maybe devote chapters with stuff that have enough for the people involved to talk about)
  • Television appearances (1991-present)
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Muppet Treasure Island
  • Muppets Tonight
  • Muppets from Space
  • Muppet Fest
  • Kermit's Swamp Years
  • It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
  • The Muppets' Wizard of Oz
  • Recasting
  • Web videos
  • Letters to Santa: A Muppets Christmas
  • The Muppets (2011)
  • Muppets Most Wanted
  • The Muppets (2015)
  • Other projects (that the people might not have talked about enough for a whole chapter)
  • The Muppets: now and the future