Muppet Guys (And Gals) Talking: The Muppet Family Interviews Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's a new breed too; if it was Frank "the Muppets aren't precious" Oz, he probably would've just dropped the character on a whim to talk about Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
Yeah, and if it were Caroll, he might stay in character, but have Oscar somehow acknowledge him.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
One of the TMZ reporters was asking him what it was like to take over Elmo and just he stuck the puppet in their face and was like "Elmo doesn't know what you're talking about!"; I guess in hindsight he was probably doing as he was trained, so I'm probably wrong on this... it probably wouldn't have been appropriate for him to just put the puppet down and start talking about his life, lol.
Well, first off, it's TMZ. Nobody owes them a single ounce of anything. Their article on the video called Ryan androgynous or some such, which is a little insulting.

Also, Ryan like *just* took over the role at that point, so what could he really say?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The circumstances around Ryan getting the role are touchy, yes. But the circumstances around Kevin finding work elsewhere are just as touchy (remember, he wasn't really proven innocent...)
While you make a good point, if Paul Ruebens can go through a scandal and still have people love him as Pee-Wee Herman, why can't the same be said for Kevin? When Caroll mentioned Kevin at a 2016 appearance, the audience applauded. To me, that proves that people still love him regardless of what happened.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Not a Muppet performer, but still an extremely important figure. This interview is with Sesame Street musical director Bill Sherman. It's kind of hard to pin point the SST parts, because they're sprinkled all throughout, but yea:

Grumpo

Reaction score
A year-old Muppet Guys Talking interview with Dave Goelz & Bill Barretta i missed in 2018.
I thought i'd better add it here before it becomes a two-year-old interview =)