Muppet Guys (And Gals) Talking: The Muppet Family Interviews Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Since Muppet performer interviews are kind of the center of our existence, I thought it was only fitting to have a thread for them. So, whenever you see a new interview with any Muppet performers/ Henson people you can post them here, ok? OK.

Well here's Frank Oz appearing on the Hair for Radio podcast...
It's really great that Frank has been talking more extensively about Muppet stuff. I could listen to him talk about, anything really, pretty much all day.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Adam Kreutinger has a great podcast in which he interviews well-known puppeteers. Probably my favorite so far is the own featuring Peter Linz:
I really like the insights he gives about the way Ernie moves, and how Walter was originally inspired by Michael Cera. Very interesting stuff.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Stephanie D'Abruzzo has a pretty good interview with Rabbi Solomon.
On the one hand, I really like interviews with Stephanie. On the other hand, I've heard other interviews with other Broadway-related folk I like from this guy and his stereotypical Jew shtick is kind of annoying, so I haven't listened to this 'un yet.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Since Muppet performer interviews are kind of the center of our existence, I thought it was only fitting to have a thread for them. So, whenever you see a new interview with any Muppet performers/ Henson people you can post them here, ok? OK.

Well here's Frank Oz appearing on the Hair for Radio podcast...
It's really great that Frank has been talking more extensively about Muppet stuff. I could listen to him talk about, anything really, pretty much all day.
"You had one job, Frank! One job!"

Honestly the things that stuck out from this interview the most were Frank bringing up that the Muppets (including Sesame Street) were never straight up for kids. It bugs me when people just jump to that conclusion that "you can't watch the Muppets cuz itz 4 kids!!!1111!!!!"

Mmmmm.... You sure about that? :skeptical:

Along with Bert's origins. I'm sure the crew always intended to make him a boring character, but I like that Frank himself mentioned he really contributed to it from the fact that Bert was a rod puppet.

Also, who the heck uses "muppet" as an insult??? :confused: That just doesn't sound right.

(On another note, Jamie has a really relaxing voice, and I love his satirical sense of humor).

Last edited: