Muppet films coming to Blu-ray in UK

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I might disappoint you though I'm sorry to say, I've actually been wondering if there's actually any point in me getting this when. Own them all already on DVD, and it pains me to say this about anything muppets but I'm thinking that It could be a waste of money which I could use elsewhere.
That's ok. I understand.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Gah, I just don't know anymore, on one hand blue ray is amazing and it comes with separate GMC and MTI covers but on the other hand I own them all already and it's just an extra expense.... I hate money and the dilemma it brings sometimes....

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I wonder if there are any new bonus features or coverart. I mean if its just the films plastered on a blu-ray disc then there's virtually no point in buying this, but if there was something new, maybe something for GMC which has never had a real bonus feature ever, I mean come on even the older TMM got those "Doc Hopper Extended Commercials" and "Jim Frawley's Camera Test" while MTM had those neat "Jim Henson Interviews", then MCC and MTI were just spoiled with special features from commentary to behind-the-scene featurettes! Even MFS had some commentary, a music video, and some sweet outtakes! Why doesn't GMC ever get a real bonus feature? Obviously though, frog-e-oke isn't enough!

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
You know that this boxset is a bumper boxset? It will be like this:

So no extra cover art because it will be in one cover. And it will not surprise me if they use existing blu-rays but then with another region. Like the Australian releases which have the same region as Europe. Or the regionfree American discs. And on the Amazon page you can read it will contain 5 discs. For 6 movies. So Caper and Treasure Island will be on 1 disc again.

Eyeball

Reaction score

So no extra cover art because it will be in one cover. And it will not surprise me if they use existing blu-rays but then with another region. Like the Australian releases which have the same region as Europe. Or the regionfree American discs. And on the Amazon page you can read it will contain 5 discs. For 6 movies. So Caper and Treasure Island will be on 1 disc again.
well thanks, that kinda sucks though, I was disappointed enough when doctor who series 5 came packaged like that and I'd be just as disappointed if the muppets were packaged in the same vain, still I'll wait until it's released till I buy it and see if there's anything new.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score

Oh dear, that is disappointing. Still, at least they are available in the UK now, and I'm sure a lot of people will like getting MMW 8 days early!

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I suspect that will be the case, I was hoping for individual dvd cases and even if that were the case I'd imagine MTI/TGMC would still probably come together. Anyway this really is an unnecessary purchase either way and being released a whole week before the original release means Disney knows it. :news:

I like the fact that we can discuss something so silly as TGMC getting it's own single release in a boxset which already contains most of what we all already own :fanatic::fanatic::fanatic::fanatic::fanatic: you can only do that here :fanatic::fanatic:

I probably won't end up getting it... now if the disc art is different that would be a whole other story :wink: (just kidding)

Eyeball

Reaction score
I suspect that will be the case, I was hoping for individual dvd cases and even if that were the case I'd imagine MTI/TGMC would still probably come together. Anyway this really is an unnecessary purchase either way and being released a whole week before the original release means Disney knows it. :news:

I like the fact that we can discuss something so silly as TGMC getting it's own single release in a boxset which already contains most of what we all already own :fanatic::fanatic::fanatic::fanatic::fanatic: you can only do that here :fanatic::fanatic:

I probably won't end up getting it... now if the disc art is different that would be a whole other story :wink: (just kidding)
Actually yeah your right, this has 100% convinced me to cancel this order now, thanks.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'm too cheap to get anything more than the 90's VHS copies of the films! :smile: :cool::wink:

Eyeball

Reaction score
I'm too cheap to get anything more than the 90's VHS copies of the films! :smile: :cool::wink:
Wow you still have a VHS player! I'd do anything to get one of those again, funnily enough muppet VHS's are more expensive the the DVDs in England lol.