Muppet Film and TV References

Frogster

Reaction score
Sesame Street got a reference on The Office last night. When CFO David Wallace asked Michael his thoughts on promoting Jim Halpert, here's what Michael had to say:

"Jim is like Big Bird. He's tall, and yellow, and very nice. But would I put him in charge? No, I don't think so. Big Bird doesn't make the tough decisions. If I were to put someone in charge, I'd put Bert in charge or I'd put one of the real adults in charge like Maria or Gordon maybe."

I thought it was funny.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Sesame Street got a reference on The Office last night. When CFO David Wallace asked Michael his thoughts on promoting Jim Halpert, here's what Michael had to say:

"Jim is like Big Bird. He's tall, and yellow, and very nice. But would I put him in charge? No, I don't think so. Big Bird doesn't make the tough decisions. If I were to put someone in charge, I'd put Bert in charge or I'd put one of the real adults in charge like Maria or Gordon maybe."

I thought it was funny.
Saw that! Laughed my butt off! Micheal's delivery of it was SO funny.

Davina

Reaction score
tonight on Dollhouse Topher was talking to Whiskey/Claire after she sneaks into his room and wakes him up and in response to being startled awake he mentioned Fozzie Bear.. :smile:
was a nice little cool moment.. :smile:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I can't remember what magazine this was, but a few years ago, there was a quiz involving fictional animals in a magazine I was reading and one of the questions was "True or False? Miss Piggy's voice was done by a man" :mad:

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
On FlashForward tonight, in the end when Mark went to comfort his daughter, Charlie, she had a Kermit pillow on her bed. Another Muppet reference from ABC!

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Kermit was mentioned on the Big Bang Theory last night. Howard was deciding what tattoo he wanted to get, and a picture of Kermit was one of the choices he considered. He ever did a little voice impression!

APRena

Reaction score
(*For those of you that don't know much about this type of stuff [I myself don't know all that much on technology], an "ELMO" is like a projector)
Electronic Light Motion Operator, or something. My school uses them too. Similar situation in math class yesterday for me:

Sub: "Well, how do you turn on this ELMO?"
Me: "Tickle it."

Also, same day after gym (after tons of sprinting... they aim to kill us):

Friend: "Urgh, I feel like a Muppet!"
Me: "Which one?"
Friend: *completely ignoring me* "I'm going to COLLAPSE!"
Me: "Well then I'd say Grover..." :super:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
On The Office last night, Dwight was impersonating someone (Jim, I believe) and using a funny voice. Michael remarked, "No, no, now you just sound like Kermit..."

As in... the Frog. :smile: