Muppet Film and TV References

Teheheman

Reaction score
I'm sure that this has been talked about on here of all the Muppet references on the Office have been talked about on here. I am also a fan of the show and remember all those moments as well. Anyways, I was watching Mythbusters on DVD and Kari was trying to beat a Sonar alarm system by dressing up in some shag carpeting, and she said that she looked like a really bad Muppet.

Daniel

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Today whilst watching the Robot Chicken Star Wars parody DVD there was a sketch for where a song titled "It's not easy being Blue"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's one even I didn't belive

From my absolute favorite Japanese TV show, Kinnikuman...

For some reason, there was something about Kinnikuman pulling off different masks... and in one shot, he's sitting on a pile of them...

Well, See for yourself...in the lower Right corner, near a skull mask, it's a Kermit! There is also something that could be Piggy on the left, right under Kinnikuman's arm.

Clearly a joke by the animators, since Kinnikuman was animated by Toei, the same animation studio that did Muppet Babies at the time.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
We had to watch HSM3 for school today :eek: and I swear one of the school buses had "Big Bird" Emblazoned on the front in metal letters as it might "Dennis" or "Peterbuilt" or "Ford"

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Sorry if this one was posted, but on the "Were the moon landings faked?" episode of Mythbusters, Kari makes the joke to Grant about a rig he built that this is his first "RIG IN SPAAACE!" like the "Pigs In Space" announcers says. The announcer from Mythbusters then goes on to re[eat the joke.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Sorry if this one was posted, but on the "Were the moon landings faked?" episode of Mythbusters, Kari makes the joke to Grant about a rig he built that this is his first "RIG IN SPAAACE!" like the "Pigs In Space" announcers says. The announcer from Mythbusters then goes on to re[eat the joke.
HA! I saw that last night too. That was great!

rexcrk

Reaction score
We had to watch HSM3 for school today :eek: and I swear one of the school buses had "Big Bird" Emblazoned on the front in metal letters as it might "Dennis" or "Peterbuilt" or "Ford"
Funny you should mention High School Musical 3. When I saw it in theaters I thought this was either a Muppet reference or I mis-heard:

In the scene right before the musical at the end you see Sharpay warming up and talking to her parents on her cell phone. Then Jimmie, one of the new kids, introduces himself to her as "Jimmie 'The Rocket' Zara" and Sharpay says something along the lines of "Jimmie 'The Rocket' Zara? What's that supposed to be, some sort of Muppet gangster?". When I saw it in theaters I thought MAYBE she said "mafia" gangster, but according to the subtitles on the DVD and on my TV she does indeed say "Muppet" =]

Beauregard

Reaction score
Watching Skins this week (something certainly not for all audiences) one of the characters named Cook made this comment, "They all come to the Cookie Monster in the end..." under circumstances in which I am sure we will never see the Cookie Monster...

Teheheman

Reaction score
I was watching the last Conan and he said that when he was walking down the street he couldn't be missed, he looks like Big Bird walking down Times Square. There's also another one on the Simpsons last night when Ralph was on a garbage boat and he said something about Elmo, and a rat was crawling all over him.

Daniel