Muppet Film and TV References

muppet maniac

Reaction score
In the promo ad for "The Tracy Morgan Show",this little boy(Bobb'e J Thompson)holds up this Oscar shirt and says that he doesn't want to wear it at school because the other kids might make fun of him!(saw this trailer last year in the movie theater)

Then there was this reference on "Married With Children"
this girl mentions to this other guy who was feeling sad about something that went wrong(I think)and says to him something like "Bees gotta make honey,Cookie Monsters gotta eat what they gotta eat...."anyway,at least that's what I thought she said.I wasnt paying close attention!

Then on "The West Wing"(I wasnt really paying very much attention to this either),but there was this part with the PBS pledge break,and this guy mentions something about Sesame Street,and thren he says "What,you want a Fozzie,we don't have any Fozzies!"(or something like that,I don't know...)

-------------
And That episode when PBS Attacks Homer
------------
I've seen that episode too!

There was even one episode of The Simpsons where they go to Brazil and Bart watches this kids show on tv-a Brazillian version of Sesame Street,and had these strip dancers,a big,pink bird(maybe some take-off on Big Bird),a pineapple,and some lizard.Then Marge says "Ernie and Bert must have hit their imaginations"

leliebel

Reaction score
I was just whatching the jessica simpson reality show (don't ask me why) and she had elmo and cookiemonster cookies for her birthday

Oh, and this weekend my dad was whatching Glimmer man. And one of the characters was stalking around the corridors of a residential building and he jumped around the corner and was starteled by to kinds with waterpistols and he said something like this: Show down on sesame street, big bird will be popping round one of these corners next!

lili

Reaction score
from imdb.com

I'm so excited! two of my favourite tv shows coming together in a beautiful union!!

Big Bird Goes to the White House

Marking what the British website Digital Spy described
as "possibly the most bizarre cross-over between two
series yet seen on television," several Sesame Street
characters are scheduled to appear on the March 3rd
episode of The West Wing. The characters reportedly
include Big Bird and Elmo, who make their appearances
when First Lady Abigail Bartlet, played by Stockard
Channing, is invited to appear in a Sesame Street
public service announcement in which she tells how she
can be both a First Lady and a doctor. (She ends up
giving Elmo a check-up.)

P

Philo and Gunge

I am not sure if anyone said this but in Jingal All The Way there are two people in Ernie and Bert costumes, the person in the Snoopy costum (Judy Sladky) played Alice Snuffulupagus on Sesame Street!

P

Philo and Gunge

Just on the Academy Awards, Robin Williams made a joke about Micheal Eisner and Mickey Mouse in France with "All you will have left is the Muppets and a water slide!".

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I was just watching Full House and Joey had a stuffed Muppet Babies Gonzo (that looks very similar to the ones being sold now) and he did an impression of Gonzo then. :concern:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I was just watching Full House and Joey had a stuffed Muppet Babies Gonzo (that looks very similar to the ones being sold now) and he did an impression of Gonzo then. :concern:
Yep. I remember that one. "The big guy sat on my nose!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I reffered to a Phantom Gormet episode about the bakery and the Elmo cake...

I watch an episode about Italian food, and they had some small segment about the ABC's of Italian food...

at the end of the segment, one guy says "That felt like Sesame Street"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I keep forgetting to post this, but...

I watched a rerun of Darma and Greg (I am dishonored... :embarrassed: ) and there was this line

Greg: What's you're dad's favorite movie?

Pete: Pfft The Muppets Take Manhattan!