Muppet Film and TV References

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I know it's an old episode but I just recently watched The Simpsons episode where Homer becomes a Christian missionary (you know, the one where the famous "SAVE ME JEBUS!" line came from) and there were cameos from multiple Sesame Street characters at the beginning. Big Bird, Elmo, and Oscar were among countless other PBS personalities who were chasing down Homer after he pledged $10,000 he doesn't have to PBS.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
And Junior really did sound like Elmo and Kermit! That guy doing the voice (I doubt Logan has that much range) is incredible!

EDIT: Anthony (a recurring cast member) did the impressions for Junior.

Last edited:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
There was yet another Kermit reference on Family Guy tonight. It was where Lois was trying to encourage Peter to use a Peloton bicycle he bought her for Valentine's Day and when Peter asked her to name one cool person who rides a bike, she named Kermit the Frog. That was all it took to motivate him lol.

One thing that did confuse me a little about the episode was how they recently stated that they were going to stop doing '80s references but that didn't stop them from adding a lengthy Karate Kid homage to tonight's episode. I guess they changed their minds pretty quickly about that.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm sure you're right. Family Guy without '80s references would be like Happy Tree Friends without blood, it just isn't the same!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My dad was watching an episode of Night Court the other day and there was a very brief mention.

It's because there was this serial killer lady who bases her murders off of dangerous movie/TV characters (Norman Bates from Psycho for example). She was stuck in a hotel room with another guy and all that was on TV was a horror film which led him to say,

"Man! Where are The Muppets when you need them!"

Although that doesn't exactly change things because then she might've started acting like Crazy Harry or killing people who don't drink Wilkins Coffee lol.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The new episode of American Dad! featured multiple references to Muppet Treasure Island last night.