Muppet Film and TV References

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
In the Scrubs episode "My ABC's" Seasame Street is almost the main focus of the episode. Oscar, Elmo and Grover show up in J.D.'s fantasy moments. And this is by far the best quote of the episode, its said by J.D. of course:

"I grew up on the street...Not the hood, Seasame Street."

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
In the movie Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium Kermit appears briefly, and says hello to some kids, and tells them he's just shopping.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
On tonight's Family Guy, "A Foreign Affair" Lois and Bonnie are in France, and Lois says, "can we at least got on a Muppet style sight seeing trip first?"

and we have actual live action Lois and Bonnie puppets looking at green screened sights.
Yeah I really liked that reference!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Tonight after watching Miss Piggy's appearance on So Random, I flipped over and watched the new episode of the Simpsons.

Near the end of the episode, Bart and some of the other boys take over their school so the police and swat team are outside. One cop asks Chief Wiggum, "Do we think we could take the building without hurting anyone?" and Chief Wiggum says, "Well if a bunch of Muppets can take Manhattan..." then he drops his gun which accidentally goes off and shoots a school administrator in the knee.

Loved it! Awesome reference to MTM-definitely never thought we would get a reference to that on TV shows today- coolness!

Davina

Reaction score
last night we were watching old dr who (ok David Tennant's first year...) episode Tooth and Claw.. they thought they were going to 1979 and the Dr lists the high lights for the year and counts the release of the Muppet Movie amongst them.. we thought that was a great little nod (since so much of it goes the other way on SS, MS and such...)

animalrescuer

Reaction score
In one of the Jeff Dunham specials on Comedy Central, there was a piece with Peanut and Jose Jalepeno and Peanut teases him about his accent. He says to Jeff, "Didn't you watch Sesame Street? Jeff is Jeff, Heff is Heff and Cheff is Cheff", the last one had the pronounciation that sounds like hacking, I don't know how to describe it. Peanut also sings a line from "One of These Things" and did "Today's show was brought to you by...", well, you can see it for yourself.
In his latest show, "Controlled Chaos", another bit with Jose and Peanut had another Muppet mention, Jose calls Peanut a "Muppet reject", it's funny because Peanut kind of looks like a Muppet.
Any Jeff Dunham fans out there?

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
In one of the Jeff Dunham specials on Comedy Central, there was a piece with Peanut and Jose Jalepeno and Peanut teases him about his accent. He says to Jeff, "Didn't you watch Sesame Street? Jeff is Jeff, Heff is Heff and Cheff is Cheff", the last one had the pronounciation that sounds like hacking, I don't know how to describe it. Peanut also sings a line from "One of These Things" and did "Today's show was brought to you by...", well, you can see it for yourself.
In his latest show, "Controlled Chaos", another bit with Jose and Peanut had another Muppet mention, Jose calls Peanut a "Muppet reject", it's funny because Peanut kind of looks like a Muppet.
Any Jeff Dunham fans out there?
Totally remember these, I love Jeff Dunham!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Jeff Dunham is a cool person to me. I love that one show called "spark of insanity" (I think), and when peanut comes on, all chaos breaks loose! I love the two parts where Jeff moves his hand over his head and goes "Yoooom!" (like a race car) and peanut keeps bothering jeff about that, and that "Jeff Dunham..... DOT COM!" (Peanut also bothers jeff about this, too)!

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
On Big Bang Theory there's an episode where Leonard, Sheldon, Raj and Howard are going o a costume party on New Year's Eve and they originally planned to go as super heroes, but, Penny backs out as Wonder Woman and they decide to go with their Muppet Babies costume and this conversation takes place:

Raj: I call Kermit :smile:

Leonard: Raj, I'm Kermit, you're Scooter!

Raj: I don't want to be Scooter :frown: Scooter sucks!

(this is funny because Raj is dressed as Aquaman and says Aquaman sucks and now Scooter sucks, however Scooter is awesome <3 )