Muppet Film and TV References

GarlicGuy

Reaction score
My sister was watching Icarly and I overheard them say, "BoogieBear Takes Manhattan"...

Reaction score
For you wrestling fans: Backstage reporter Maria talked to Chris Jericho about his band called Fozzie, and Maria said something about is Kermit and Miss Piggy in it too.

When he got his star on the Walk of Fame a few years back, Vince McMahon compared himself to Kermit the Frog.

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy had an episode where a Oscar the Grouch type character makes a cameo.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I don't know if anybody's mentioned this yet, but in the film version of "Dragnet" with Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd, as they chase after someone in their car, they run into a bunch of stuffed animals that the bad guy knocked over and Dan's character says, "Look out, Muppets!"

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Just now on Cash Cab (or that's what the listing said it was...), they had a question along the lines of, "Which 1980's Jim Henson TV show featured Doozers and Gorgs?" :excited::coy::busy:

GarlicGuy

Reaction score
In Mad Mag there was a tell-the-difference-between-these-two-New Moon-posters or something like that. On the opposite poser Count was behind Edward. They called him "The Scariest Vapire That Ever Lived"

Mr Snrub

Reaction score
The newest FG thing is from a non-sequitur featuring Meg, and The Count
THE COUNT: One nipple, ah ah ah, Two nipples, ah ah ah, Three nip- Oh he** no, I'm getting outta here

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
On an episode of a new version of Password (hosted by Regis Philbin), one of the words William Shatner was supposed to guess was "Kermit". He didn't get it right- he actually said "Hermit". Maybe people just don't hear the "K" or something, but come on- it's Kermit the (F-R-O-G) :mad:Frog!:smile:

Reaction score
I don't know if anybody's mentioned this yet, but in the film version of "Dragnet" with Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd, as they chase after someone in their car, they run into a bunch of stuffed animals that the bad guy knocked over and Dan's character says, "Look out, Muppets!"
I did in my first post here.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
On Jeopardy last night, there was a category about vampires and a clue said something about "Sesame Street's own vampire" or something like that. Of course, it's The Count von Count and Alex said that The Count was his favorite! Who knew?