Muppet Fairytales

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I was at a college garage sale last month and I found a video starring the Muppets in fairytales with Gonzo as Rumpelsteinskin from the 1990s.. Sadly, I didn't have the cash to buy it. Anyone have any information on this video?

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Most videostores that still actually carry videos should still carry them. The Rumpelstiltskin one with Gonzo is awesome, and the Elves and the Shoemaker is brilliant. Try Amazon.com or Ebay and you're bound to find them to buy.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh! That's one of my first Muppet expieriences! It had Gonzo as Rumplestilsken, The Elves and the Shoemaker w/ Kermit and Robin, and the Elvises, and The Emporer's New Clothes w/ Fozzie. Pretty cool video.

golden teeth

Reaction score
I bought it 3 years ago at my neighbor's garage sale. Story one is the 3 Little Pigs with Miss Piggy, Andy and Randy Pig. Story 2 was King Midas where Kermit was King Midas, Piggy was his wife, Gonzo was an evil little man. Story 3 was Rumplestiltsin with Gonzo, Kermit and Piggy. Story 4 was Boy Who Cried Wolf starring Gonzo and Kermit . 5 was Emperor's New Clothes with Fozzie Bear as the emperor, Rizzo and other rats as the clothmakers, and Robin as the townkid. The last one was the Elves and the Shoemaker with Kermit and robin.

It came out in late 1993 and featured Steve whittemire as Kermit, rizzo and randy. Jerry Nelson as Robin and the Wolf. Dave Goelz as Gonzo and andy. Bill Barretta as Various characters.

I hope that helps.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The name of this video was Muppet Classic Theatre. it was hosted by Gonzo and Rizzo, and had six fairy tales.

It is good, though it could use improvements. One bad thing is that only six recognizable characters (kermit, miss piggy, fozzie, gonzo, rizzo, and robin) were included, and everybody else was either a generic animal or created especially for this video (though Boppity and a green frackle who looks like a gree version of Boppity can be seen in the audience at the beginning).

It also featured the first appearances of Andy and Randy, who have different performers throughout the video (they often made appearances in other stories and had lines that could have been given to anybody). It also was the first apeparance of the elvises, who later appeared on Muppets Tonight!

Xerus

Reaction score
I have a copy of it on video. If you want to make a trade for it, please let me know.