Muppet Fairytales / Muppet Classic Theater

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Extremely underappreciated Muppet film. Emphasis on the extremely.

One of my favorites, hands down.

BJ

wiley207

Reaction score
I found an interesting coincidence about Muppet Classic Theater. It was released to video the exact same day (October 28, 1994) that Buena Vista Home Video's more-familiar division, Walt Disney Home Video, began their short-lived Masterpiece Collection series from 1994 to 1999!
http://forum.bcdb.com/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3965;
That same day not only released "Snow White" to video for the first time, but also immediately reissued some other Disney movies already out with newer Masterpiece packaging! This was a marketing ploy by Disney to recreate the success they had with their more familiar "Walt Disney Classics" video series from the 80s and early 90s.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a6/WaltDisneyClassicsprintlogo.jpg

But anyways, I never saw "Muppet Classic Theater," but judging by the pics, it looks interesting. My question is, does the Big Bad Wolf in it have the same voice as the Sesame Street version of the Big Bad Wolf? (Jerry Nelson voiced both wolves.)

Stix

Reaction score
On the UK 'The Very Best Of The Muppet Show Vol 2' DVD one of the extras is entitled 'Muppet Fairy Tales' and contains 'The Three Little Pigs', 'King Midas' and 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf' courtesy of The Muppet Classic Theatre.
I just found out on wiki that the other parts are available on Vol 3. Which I don't yet own.
So the MCT is available on DVD!

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Muppet Classic Theater is completely awesome. I used to watch it over and over when I was younger and I just watched it recently with my roommate (who had never seen it) and we both laughed ridiculously. I love all of the fairy tales. My favorite as a kid was The Boy Who Cried Wolf. My sister and I used to sing that song ad nauseum. I also love Gotta Get That Name, specifically because of Eugene the Mink/Weasel (I think he's a weasel) from Muppets Tonight and the AWESOME way he dances. If you haven't seen it I can't even explain how funny I found him--and STILL find him... Everytime I see it I laugh.

Also, at the end of Elves and the Shoemaker, Steve's performing Kermit and Jerry's performing Robin and Rizzo enters. Usually they just substitute another performer and then dub the voice over later, but they definitely missed this one, because Rizzo's voice is definitely that of Dave Goelz!! Hehe. I love little goofs like that :big_grin:

So anyway, yeah, I love Muppet Classic Theater. It's a shame a lot of people haven't seen it. It's definitely geared down, but still entertaining.

muppet baby

Reaction score
yes that is what i love the most of muppet clasic thereate and that was the elves and the shoe makers are THE MOST WONDERFUL PART . SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT .:smile: :rolleyes: I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DVD

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I still really enjoy it. I was hoping a few years ago for a DVD but that'll probably never happen.

I just realized that, at this point, the only VHS tapes I own are Henson products.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Speed Tracer said:
I still really enjoy it. I was hoping a few years ago for a DVD but that'll probably never happen.

I just realized that, at this point, the only VHS tapes I own are Henson products.
There is always hope for any DVD release . i really hope that this will be realeased . it is a all time faverite .:smile:

G-MAN

Reaction score
I just loved "It's You", from The Emperor's New Clothes, Rizzo at his best.

travellingpat

Reaction score
I loved this special it always made me laugh its one of the most underapprieciated specials made

muppet baby

Reaction score
travellingpat said:
I loved this special it always made me laugh its one of the most underapprieciated specials made
Yes that is the real truth i have thought that for a long time .:smile: